APIs & Integrations

XiscaPericas
Participant

crm.objects.custom.read scope causes the AWS AppFlow connection to fail

Hi Community, 

I'm doing a test trying to flow data from HubSpot into an AWS S3 folder.

For that, I'm using AppFlow and following the instructions explained here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/appflow/latest/userguide/connectors-hubspot.html

I have successfully created an App and now I'm trying to create a connection and flow data. 

I was able to do it successfully with the following scopes selected: automationoauthticketscrm.objects.contacts.readcrm.objects.contacts.write 

With this scopes, I was able to flow data for the contact list. 

Now I was trying to flow "tickets" data. For that I need to set the following scope: crm.objects.custom.read

However, as soon as this scope is added to the list, my AppFlow connection fails with the following error: 

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 16.05.15.png

Any ideas on what is happening here? What's the difference between that specific scope and the rest? Am I missing any permission configuration no explained on the previous documentation? 

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @XiscaPericas 👋 Thanks for your question! These errors can be frustration for sure. Especially without being given more context into the specific problem.

I don't have the answer, but I do want to help. Let's try something I learned from my time in HubSpot Support. Can you follow these steps, Collect a HAR file, please?

Every so often, the HAR file will contain a more specific error message related to missing or required scopes. We can use this tool to look at the file for that message — HAR Analyser

I have a few additional questions to help give the community more context.

• Does Amazon offer support for this connector? Looking at their installation guide, it's a little light on the troubleshooting side of things… HubSpot connector for Amazon AppFlow
  • You're allowed to add thecrm.objects.tickets.read scope without issue? 
  • You mentioned “trying to flow “tickets” data” but you are adding the crm.objects.custom.read scope when getting the error. Can you tell the community more about why you need the custom object scope in order to “flow” tickets? 

Having these additional details can help the community to offer you targeted advice or troubleshooting steps.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
XiscaPericas
Participant

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis thanks for your support! 

I will check the HAR as I have never used it. 

In relation to your questions: 

• Does Amazon offer support for this connector? Not sure, I will have to double check. 
  • You're allowed to add thecrm.objects.tickets.read scope without issue? Yes, I'm able to add all scopes I want to my app without issues. 
  • Can you tell the community more about why you need the custom object scope in order to “flow” tickets? I'm adding this scope specifically because it's part of the AppFlow connector scopes configuration. But any other scope outside the ones I mention that work generates the same issue... 

Hope it is clearer now. 

0 Upvotes