APIs & Integrations

CCraver

connecting to Integromat to create ticket

SOLVE

I'm struggling to connect Hubspot to Integromat to be able to Create Tickets in Hubspot. I'm a super admin.  I receive the error below.

Or if I try to add connection, I'm not sure what to fill in for the User ID. Any help is appreciated. I've set up a private app and have the 3 other field info.

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 4.11.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 4.12.50 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GReddie,

I haven't had to authenticate a make accout in quite some time now, but every time I need to authenticate Make to a new service I use the callback URL provided in the Make generic OAUth 2.0 documentation :

LMeert_0-1671462714267.png

I'll let you try that one and if that doesn't work please post some more details like what error you're getting from HubSpot's servers so I can guide you better.

Thanks,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
GReddie

SOLVE

Hey @LMeert , I'm trying to do the same thing as @CCraver , so this post is useful to me too - so can I ask something related to this please?...

So as I understand it the old/simple key method is deprecated so in MAKE you would now need to use HTTP API requests.  However, I'm struggling because the old documentation made a point of highlighting that when you setup the HUbSpot app you should not setup a URL redirect ...

redirect.png

...but as far as I can tell it's now mandatory to do so, so the question is what should this value be?  

URLredoirect2.png

thanks in advance for any pointers...

0 Upvotes
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GReddie,

I haven't had to authenticate a make accout in quite some time now, but every time I need to authenticate Make to a new service I use the callback URL provided in the Make generic OAUth 2.0 documentation :

LMeert_0-1671462714267.png

I'll let you try that one and if that doesn't work please post some more details like what error you're getting from HubSpot's servers so I can guide you better.

Thanks,

Ludwig

Let me know !

0 Upvotes
LMeert
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CCraver,

In order to use the private apps you will have to use an HTTP node on integromat rather than the Hubspot node that doesn't work with private apps since there's nowhere to enter your access token.

Here is a working example of an HTTP request on the list tickets endpoint :

LMeert_0-1649247333250.png

I've selected the "HTTP -> Make a request" action, and added two headers :

- one is the content-type (pretty straightforward)

- the other one is the Authorization containing the access token you get from the private app on Hubspot.
The way to format the value is : "Bearer [Hubspot token]"

You don't need to use client secret and id to to query the API.
And don't forget to add the necessary scopes to your app otherwise that won't work 🙂

On the private app page, you can then monitor the success/failure of your api calls :

LMeert_1-1649247567203.png

That's one way to authenticate, and is quite good at replacing the HAPIKey method.

But you could also leverage the simple oauth2 method used by the native hubspot node and use a dedicated profile for making your api calls. You'd simply need to give that user the necessary rights !

Hope this helps ! If it does, please consider marking this as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Let me know !

0 Upvotes