APIs & Integrations

galatioto
Membro

configure app's settings variables

Hi
I've made an app (a calling provider one based on SDK..) that needs external credentials to consume an API (username and password). This credentials must be different for each Hubspot's user of course..
I'm going to create a settings page where store this variables.
I would rather to store this inside on Hubspot, but reading documentation it look like impossible, isn't it?

Otherwise could I create my personal backend where to store this, but how to re-associate right credentials to right Hubspot user keeping hidden sensible information?

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
himanshurauthan
Autoridade no assunto | Parceiro Elite
Autoridade no assunto | Parceiro Elite

Hello @galatioto,

You can create an app settings page as mentioned here - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/create-an-app-settings-page

But the information you have to store in your backend, you can do that by using a combination of portal id and user id ( if it's user-specific ), if not then portal id would work.

Regards,

Himanshu

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Avaliação positiva
galatioto
Membro

Hi Himanshurauthan
First of all thank you for your answer.
I've already read the suggested page but in my case it's not enought. The guide shows only how to config settings but I need to store credentials for the 3th party service.

This information are a user/pass credentials ( as you say "user-specific" info)  , so I would like more details about how to use combination of portal id and user id.
Do you have a gude/tutorial/examples ?

0 Avaliação positiva
galatioto
Membro

..And so? There is no one to make me light about the process to store username and password for a Calls app provider integration?😔

0 Avaliação positiva
Jaycee_Lewis
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi, @galatioto 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Hey, @quentin_lamamy @himanshurauthan @jpsanchez, do you have any ideas on how @galatioto might think about approaching this part of their project? 

Thank you very much! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Avaliação positiva