APIs & Integrations

konnect
Participant

api to get call type

there is call type for engagement that user can  select for each call engagement https://knowledge.hubspot.com/meetings-tool/how-do-i-create-and-use-call-and-meeting-types

Is there an API to get call type for an account and how to pass call type in create call engagement API?

7 Replies 7
HenryCipolla

api to get call type

Unfortunately I don't think there is an API that lists custom activity types. In fact, I'm not 100% sure the engagements API even returns anything other than the default (note, call, meeting, etc). You can create custom call dispositions but that's not quite covering the use case here. 😞

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

api to get call type

hey @konnect ,

Thanks for clarifying the question!

I believe you are looking for "activityType"

I just did a test and you can update an engagement with that

{
    "engagement": {
        "activityType": "Why did Dennis do this?"
    }
}

With that being said, I did notice a couple of things that you should be aware of if you create a new type via the API, 

1. It will not be reflected in the settings
  2. Although the engagement will have the new type selected, it will not be available in the dropdown list.

I am reporting these two quirks to the team to see if that is intentional.

Thanks!

konnect
Participant

api to get call type

Hi @dennisedson 

Thanks for your support so far. You have mentioned how to pass activityType to engagement api  but i also need an api to  get all activityTypes. Please share this as well

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

api to get call type

Hi @konnect,

Are you wanting to

get the available activity types that are listed in the settings?

get all of the activity types that have been applied to the engagements?

• The first one I do not believe exists.  If it does, I have not seen it.
  • The second one would be done by using the get all engagements endpoint and looping through it to for what you need.

I have a feeling you know about the second one and are wanting an answer to the first one.

@HenryCipolla , @lynton , have either of you seen an endpoint that shows the available activityType options in a portal?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
konnect
Participant

api to get call type

Thanks for the update @dennisedson 

I am looking for api that get the available activity types that are listed in the settings

can you please check internally with the product team?

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

api to get call type

Hi @konnect 

I believe you are looking for the Engagements API
There, you will see endpoints to get a list of engagements as well as creating them.  

Hopefully this will answer your question!

0 Upvotes
konnect
Participant

api to get call type

hi @dennisedson 

I am aware of Engagements API.

I am looking how to do following

1. how to get configured call type values/options through api?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/meetings-tool/how-do-i-create-and-use-call-and-meeting-types describes one can add  another type. Is it possible to get these call types  through an api?

2. how to pass call type value to engagement api?

Engagemnt API doc does not describe how to use call type in create/update engagement API

0 Upvotes