APIs & Integrations

willcurran
Top Contributor

Zapier pull company name from deal

SOLVE

Hey there,

This is helpful but only good if you're doing a direct API integration: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/How-to-get-the-Company-Name-from-a-Deal/m-p/22249...

So I'm trying to accomplish this simple workflow in Zapier but don't seem to have the ability to pull the data from Hubspot in one trigger action workflow in Zapier.

Trigger: When a deal is moved into a Deal Stage (Meeting)

Action: Create client in Harvest with COMPANY NAME (I can't seem to pull the company name from the deal)

Action: Create project with the DEAL NAME in Harvest attached to that client (this is possible)

Does anyone know a way to pull the company name from a deal? I seem to be only able to pull the ID number for the company and since Zapier doesn't let you search for a company by it's ID number (only name).

Any suggestions on how to do this in one workflow in Zapier?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lynton
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Zapier has a Company Lookup action step available, but the only way to search for companies is via the company name. 

Do you have a Sales Professional license? If so, the easiest way to accomplish this is using a Company workflow. The workflow would look something like this:

Selection_309.png

If you don't have Sales Professional, I'd recommend spinning up a free trial. The cost of Sales Pro is less than any alternative to solve for this, and you'll get value out of the other features. If we can help you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
lynton
Solution

SOLVE

Zapier has a Company Lookup action step available, but the only way to search for companies is via the company name. 

Do you have a Sales Professional license? If so, the easiest way to accomplish this is using a Company workflow. The workflow would look something like this:

Selection_309.png

If you don't have Sales Professional, I'd recommend spinning up a free trial. The cost of Sales Pro is less than any alternative to solve for this, and you'll get value out of the other features. If we can help you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me. 

willcurran
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Aha! Good call I didn't think there was a "at least one associated deal is closed won", killer!

0 Upvotes