APIs & Integrations

laurence_b
Participant

Zapier integration triggers: notes, tasks, tickets

SOLVE

I am trying to build two integrations:

- one with Productboard, one with Asana

- when i look at the list of triggers, it seems that there is nothing on the 'objects' that are attached to contacts such as emails, notes, tasks and tickets. All the triggers listed related to contact properties (or fields), deals and 'calendar tasks' (doesn't seem to be the same as tasks?)

I am keen to use Notes to sync to Productboard as feature request. It feels like the natural places to enter notes/comments about what users said they valued and I am hesitant introducing a new separate field. Also Notes is very visible in Hubspot, whereas custom fields are buried.

I am keen to sync tasks and/or tickets to Asana, but it doesn't exist yet as a trigger.

Any pointers welcome

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @laurence_b,

When looking to get engagement such as Notes and Tasks, you can explore the Engagements overview. This endpoint Get all engagements will return all engagements in your portal and this endpoint: Get Associated Engagements | Engagements return all the associated engagements of a particular object (i.e. contact)

• Note: at the moment, we wouldn't be able to grab only Notes or Tasks. Engagements such as calls and meetings will be grabbed as well.
  • Your technical team should be able to filter through the response body for type: "NOTE" or type: "TASK"

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
mattpgriffin
Participant

SOLVE

Here's one approach I was trying. I created a HubSpot workflow to scan a note's content for a keyword ("#product-feedback") and perform an action (send a webhook to Zapier). Unfortunately HubSpot doesn't support passing the note's content (just the deal content) on to the hook 😞

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Engagement-based-workflows/idi-p/343037

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @laurence_b,

When looking to get engagement such as Notes and Tasks, you can explore the Engagements overview. This endpoint Get all engagements will return all engagements in your portal and this endpoint: Get Associated Engagements | Engagements return all the associated engagements of a particular object (i.e. contact)

• Note: at the moment, we wouldn't be able to grab only Notes or Tasks. Engagements such as calls and meetings will be grabbed as well.
  • Your technical team should be able to filter through the response body for type: "NOTE" or type: "TASK"
0 Upvotes
laurence_b
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you. I have asked Zapier team to upvote engagement features. In case you know of any community member who's done that implementation already, thanks for letting me know!

0 Upvotes
vkhomiv-dev

SOLVE

Hi laurence_b,

latest HubSpot Zapier App (1.4.8) released and contains "New Engagement" trigger which will catch adding Notes to the objects such Contacts - so you can use it for such purposes.

0 Upvotes