APIs & Integrations

rsellman
Participant

Zapier: ServiceHub Trigger on Ticket Property Change

SOLVE

I'm looking to track ServiceHub tickets to see if a certain property changes, and then perform action from there. Zapier doesn't have a "on ticket update" trigger built in, so I figured I could use the webhooks one to do this.

Has anyone done this before? What parameters should be set in Zapier so that it's only triggering when a specific property changes across all available tickets in a certain pipeline?

Specifically, we have a selection in our Technical Support ticket pipeline that creates a ticket in another pipeline for a different team to work on. One of the items that needs input in the NEW ticket name is the company name (having it inside the ticket as we need a way to quick-assess which company the ticket is for by scanning ticket name). 

I've tried to see if there's an automation to state something like "if company name is known, copy value to custom property "company name", but there's no way to set that information in Hubspot's automation system currently.

Thus, having Zapier look out for a certain property field change across all tickets in a specific pipeline seems the path of least resistance - though I'm open to alternative ideas that will get the company name in a ticket name.

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @rsellman,

I hope all is well with you 🙂

Before we dive into using webhooks, I'd like to clarify that based on your use case, it is possible to copy a company name property to a ticket custom property. This is the sample workflow that I've in your portal: https://app.hubspot.com/workflows/2738929/platform/flow/5019581/edit, do check it out and let me know if this works?

In short, this workflow will enroll tickets which is associated to that particular company > Copy the company's company name propety to the ticket's company name property.

Let me know if this works!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @rsellman,

I hope all is well with you 🙂

Before we dive into using webhooks, I'd like to clarify that based on your use case, it is possible to copy a company name property to a ticket custom property. This is the sample workflow that I've in your portal: https://app.hubspot.com/workflows/2738929/platform/flow/5019581/edit, do check it out and let me know if this works?

In short, this workflow will enroll tickets which is associated to that particular company > Copy the company's company name propety to the ticket's company name property.

Let me know if this works!

0 Upvotes
rsellman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

It doesn't appear to trigger all of my tickets, but is probably the best solution. Thank you!

0 Upvotes