APIs & Integrations

PRasche
Participant

Zapier: Get associated contact ID from a deal

SOLVE

Hello guys!

Been working quite a lot with Zapier and Hubspot but currently im stuck:

Once a deal is created, I want to get the associated contact ID. With that, I can get the first and lastname values to automate the dealnames. I cannot find any link to the contact of the deal or any other association.

Any ideas? Many thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AMarks
Solution
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi there - just letting you know that I found today a function called "Find Associations" that allows you to find associated contacts/companies/etc. In this screenshot, you'll see I'm actually finding both contacts and companies associated with a deal. The ID you extract in this step can then be used later in "Get Company" or "Get Contact" steps to look up the Contact or Company.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PRasche ,

To get the deals associated with contatcs you can refer to this doc https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-associations/get-associations and https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-associations/crm-associations-overview

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

PRasche
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @webdew !

I just came across an interesting thing. I set up a new Zap, with the trigger "New Deal in Stage in Hubspot"

While testing, it instantly gave me a value "associatedVids" with the associated contact ID. I tried to use that "associatedVids" for the trigger "Find Deal" to give me that value, unfortunately I cannot insert that variable nor is available. It seems, that Zapier does not provide all available information depending on the trigger.

Or is there any other chance to extract that information from zapier?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-30 um 18.58.23.png

Cheers,

Phil!

0 Upvotes
PRasche
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @webdew,

many thanks for your reply. I checked your documents and I see that youa re able to get the ID from a deal to contact, with using another API ID. However, I am not aware how to implement this into zapier or, if zapier does not gibe this option to its users. I think the options in zapier are limited because the api requests are given presets where you cannot configurate your own. (Or am I wrong)

For example: I have a specific deal and want to extract all information in zapier, like the associated contact id. Unfortunately there is nothing to be found. There is no specific value id field that would give me that information. The table for CrM Associations API Overview says, Definition ID3 is needed to get the data from hubspot, however I cannot / don't know how to let Zapier pull that information.

For "associat*" values, I can only find the following:Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-30 um 14.06.55.png

Many thanks!

Phil

EricF

SOLVE

Did you get this figured out?  I'm also trying to get the Contact Id from the Deal Updated trigger but it's no where to be found.  I'm wondering if I need a workflow to populate the Contat ID as a Custom Property on the Deal?  Seems like I shouldnt need to do that though... 

0 Upvotes
AMarks
Solution

SOLVE

Hi there - just letting you know that I found today a function called "Find Associations" that allows you to find associated contacts/companies/etc. In this screenshot, you'll see I'm actually finding both contacts and companies associated with a deal. The ID you extract in this step can then be used later in "Get Company" or "Get Contact" steps to look up the Contact or Company.