APIs & Integrations

EGreen4
Membro

Zapier: Find Associations Action not finding ALL companies associated with a deal

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve ALL company IDs associated with a deal, however, when I use the Find Associations Action, it only retrieves the Primary company, not any other associated companies.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
nikodev
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Zapier: Find Associations Action not finding ALL companies associated with a deal

Hi @EGreen4

The TL;DR is - you will likely have to utilize Zapier's coded actions to query for all of the associated companies since Zapier hasn't updated their function to account for association labels. They're likely using the V3 APIs, where they should be using the V4. You'll very likely need a developer to help with you this. 

Why? Prior to association labels, deal and companies had a single, what is called an "association type Id". This ID had a value of 5. Making a query to the v3 associations API to retrieve all companies associated with a deal, with an ID of 5, would produce a list of ALL companies associated with that deal. 

Once association labels were introduced, hubspot split the association type between companies and all of the other standard objects (maybe COs too, haven't confirmed) into 2 separate...groups, I'll call it. The primary company is now always identified by association type Id of 5 when referring to deals <> companies. And all unlabeled associated companies have an association type Id equal to 341. 

Unless Zapier has a feature that allows you to specify the association type Ids you want to look for, which I don't think they do, then you'll have to use their custom code nodes to retrieve the data you need. Either that or harrass them until they make the needed updates. Or...use some other combination of tools and features. I'm not sure Zapier's competitors have been a bit quicker to update their product. Operations Hub Pro and coded actions could get this going for you too. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, and good luck. 

Thanks for the tag @Jaycee_Lewis.

A8 Labs

Jaycee_Lewis
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi, @EGreen4 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Hey @AMarks @LMeert @nikodev, do you have any Zapier tips for @EGreen4

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot