APIs & Integrations

peterdeltondo
Teilnehmer/-in

Zapier Create Deal - 400 Bad Request

lösung

Trying to dial in our Zapier integration which pulls in a lead from our Jotform inquiry to Hubspot. All deal steps work when tested EXCEPT for the final stage 7, which creates the deal and connects it to the Contact and Company. We are getting an error that states "We made a request to api.hubapi.com and received (400) Bad Request."

I can't figure out why this is and would greatly appreciate any help. This is the final step in getting our team to switch from a competitor to Hubspot. I really need this automation working. Thanks in advance. Screenshots below to help diagnose:

ErrorErrorAll StepsAll StepsStage 6 part 1Stage 6 part 1Stage 6 part 2Stage 6 part 2Stage 6 part 3Stage 6 part 3

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
peterdeltondo
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey Wendy,

Thanks for the response. It looks like it was due to the Project Type multi-select. Apparently HubSpot couldnt figure this one out, once we remove that data from being sent over, all seems to be running smoothly now. Excited we finally stopped banging our heads against the desk on this one.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @peterdeltondo,

When looking at the error that you received in Zapier - "The app returned "Property values were not valid"." This usually happens when your Zap is missing a required field or field value isn't in a recognied format."

I do not believe that it's because of a required field as when I checked through the screenshot you shared, all the fields are optional.

This leads me to believe that it could be that the field value isn't valid and as indicated by Isaac here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Contact-Properties-not-found-via-Contacts-API/td-...

The "Property values were not valid" error generally indicates a mismatch between the property values you are trying to pass and the HubSpot property's available values. (Rather than the nonexistence of the properties themselves.)

In this case, when I took a look into both the Project Type and Project Budget, it looks to me that all is well. However, I wasn't able to locate the field - Quick Message -- how is this quick message field being set?

0 Upvotes
peterdeltondo
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey Wendy,

Thanks for the response. It looks like it was due to the Project Type multi-select. Apparently HubSpot couldnt figure this one out, once we remove that data from being sent over, all seems to be running smoothly now. Excited we finally stopped banging our heads against the desk on this one.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @peterdeltondo,

Thanks for sharing that and I'm glad all is working well! *yay*