APIs & Integrations

RyBaer
Participant

Working with 0auth scopes

I'm looking at this doc (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/working-with-oauth) which indicates that access to automations and the Automations API requires access to Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise.  This seems confusing, as Sales Hub Professional gives access to custom workflows (e.g. updating deal properties based on stage change) and shoudl therefore have the same level of access.  

Does anyone know if Marketing Hub Professional is the only way to access the Automations API, even if being used for sales workflows?  Or is Sales Hub professional an acceptable alternative?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @RyBaer 👋 I have a couple of questions. I want to make sure I am on the same page:

The limitation you see in the scopes section of the Working with OAuth document is due to the Workflow API not being capable of creating workflows that are not Contact-based. And you are correct, other subscription-types, including Sales Hub, can create Workflows. Just not via the API.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

RyBaer
Participant

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis  - Yes, I'm referring to the workflow endpoints.  I've seen that the API can only support contact-based workflows before.  two quick follow-ups:

- With Sales Hub Professional, can you create Contact-based workflows in HubSpot (not through the API)?  Or is it only deal-based workflows?
- Do you know if/when support for deal-based workflows via the API will be released?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes