APIs & Integrations

ebp
Participant

Workflows goals unenrollment and re-enrollment

Hi, 

I want to know what is the purpose of an unenrollment  by a goal ?

By the way, I have a contact based workflow with a goal and a contact enroll. The contact met the goal so it was unenroll.

ebp_0-1675428375729.png

But it is never automatically re-enroll when it met again enrollment criteria. I even can't enroll it by API (which is not what I want. I want to re-enroll contact because it met again criteria).

ebp_1-1675428633009.png

So, is it possible that a contact which has been in a workflow and has been unenrolled by a goal could be enrolled again because it met enrollment criteria ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @ebp, thanks for reaching out!

Awesome context and advice from @Jaycee_Lewis. You can also configure your workflow goals using the Refine filter condition options:

Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 1.38.17 PM.png

For example, if your goal is a form submission, you can refine the goal criteria so that the form submission must be "less than 1 day ago" or something like that. Otherwise, HubSpot will immediately graduate contacts from the workflow if they technically meet the goal criteria that you have set.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @jolle 🙌

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

jolle

Of course 🙂

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ebp 👋 To confirm, this is the expected and designed behaviour for Goals in Workflows. As you noted, this is enforced via the API as well. There is not a workaround for Contact who met a Goal to allow for re-enrolment into the same workflow. 

You might consider creating a similar post over in the Workflow community and ask the community to brainstorm some tactics because Goals are not working with your use-case. For example, you can create a similar workflow that enrols based on a contact meeting the Goal of a previous workflow — Use goals in workflow enrolment criteria and list filters

Thanks for the great question.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

ebp
Participant

Thank you for your fast answer.

I think the issue is in the terminology Hubspot uses.

In fact, the term Unenroll is not what it seems to be.

For me, if I unenroll a contact, it should do the opposite of enroll.

But here, the enrolled contact has a "state" of unenroll but is still in the workflow, that's why it can't be enroll again.

I'm working on a workaround outside Hubspot with a schedule workflow.

I have a schedule workflow which I enroll contacts only one time. It will do the job every day. I have a branch in it which check if an action should be execute. If so, I call an API which redistribute contacts in others classics worflows with manual re-enrollment.

I hope that it will do what I expect...

0 Upvotes