APIs & Integrations

Pratik
Contributor

Workflow webhook fails frequently

Hi there,

We currently used webhooks on form submissions to add specific information to our database. We do this for detailed reporting.

We have noticed recently that the webhook is doing what it should for a few random contacts. It does work for majority of our contacts but for about 20% of them it doesn’t work.

It is imperative for us to trust that this functionality is working 100%.

I would appreciate help for me to get to the bottom of this issue and resolving it at the earliest

Regards,
Pratik

0 Upvotes
16 Replies 16
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @sougata_bose,

If the webhook is marked successful in HubSpot, and you're not able to reproduce the issue with any other contacts, there isn't much more I can dig into on the HubSpot side of things. I only have insight into the request made from HubSpot and the response we get back, and for each of those contacts the request and response appear successful. I would recommend adding some additional logging to the endpoint that accepts the webhook requests so that if this occurs again going forward, we have additional data regarding what happened to the request.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @sougata_bose,

Interesting, thanks for the additional info. While I can't speak to what happens after the webhook is sent, I can see that we're receiving a successful response. That leads me to believe the information is being sent to your system successfully. Have you been able to reproduce this issue with new contacts? Could this information be somehow deleted on your end?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi Derek,

I am not able to reproduce the same issue. The data is not deleted from our database.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi Derek,

We process the data from raw input we get and save accordingly to the database. Most of the contacts' data been saved to the database, but for those specific contacts no data is saved. We are debugging the process everything seems fine.

I am not sure where it is failing.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @sougata_bose,

Looking at the workflow history for those contacts, I can see successful webhook actions. As I mentioned above, that doesn't necessarily mean that nothing went wrong at all. It just means that the webhook request was sent from HubSpot, and HubSpot received a success response (like a 200). Can you give me more details on what exactly failed for these contacts?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @pratik.thakkar,

Thanks for your patience, I was out sick last week. I went ahead and jumped into your portal to take a look at the workflow and example contact you provided, and it appears that the webhook action executed successfully. That doesn’t guarantee that no issues occurred in general; it just means that the webhook request was sent and HubSpot received a successful response. Can you give me some more info on what went wrong with that contact?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi,

Just noticed, most of the issues occurred between 17th to 24th of Jan, 2018

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @pratik.thakkar,

I jumped into that workflow, but I didn’t see any recent webhook failures. Can you give me a specific example contact for whom the webhook failed?

0 Upvotes
Pratik
Contributor

0 Upvotes
Pratik
Contributor

Hi Derek,

Have you been able to look into this?

Thanks

Regards,
Pratik

0 Upvotes
LPM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

If you look in the history of the workflow enrolments, it will tell you what the error code of the webhooks is

0 Upvotes
LPM

What’s the error returned from the webhooks? Timeout or 500?

0 Upvotes
Pratik
Contributor

We are not recording errors. However, when we investigated about 20 form submissions were not processed out of 80 odd submissions

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @pratik.thakkar,

Can you send me a link to the workflow you’re referring to?

0 Upvotes
Pratik
Contributor

Hi Derek,

Here is the link to the workflow
https://app.hubspot.com/workflows/454960/flow/1941073/

Regards,
Pratik

0 Upvotes