APIs & Integrations

joesandin
Participant | Elite Partner

Workflow webhook custom URL

SOLVE

I have a workflow where I am making a GET request to an API. I need the URL in the GET request to be customized based on a value I have stored in HubSpot. For example, part of the URL string needs to be set based on an ID value that I have. The GET request needs it this way vs sending it as a parameter

Is there a syntax/variable way to feed this in? For example, https://api.myurl.com/api/v3/{{custom_Field}}

Thanks!

Joe

1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@joesandin, in that case, it is not possible. If you have coded actions, you could use Axios to make the GET request and pass the value back to the workflow with the output.

Sorry for not understanding your question correctly.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Peta_APB
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

I'm looking for the same thing. It's desperately lacking. Hubspot can you please consider adding this as a feature request? 
It's impossible to retrieve specific records without this.

0 Upvotes
Teun

SOLVE

@joesandin,

Yes, you can. This is what the docs describe:

If you're setting up a GET request, you can use properties as query parameters:
Under the Query parameters section, click the Choose property dropdown menu. Then, click [object] in this workflow and select a property.
To change a property's name in the query parameter, edit the Property name text field. This will only update the property name in the GET request, it will not update the property name or internal name in HubSpot.
To add another property, click Add query parameter.
To remove a property, click the delete trash can icon

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes
joesandin

SOLVE

That's what doesn't get me what I want. It doesn't work for it to be a parameter. It has to be a part of the URL before the parameters are sent.

0 Upvotes
Teun
Solution

SOLVE

@joesandin, in that case, it is not possible. If you have coded actions, you could use Axios to make the GET request and pass the value back to the workflow with the output.

Sorry for not understanding your question correctly.

0 Upvotes