APIs & Integrations

paulinventome

Workflow running every 15 mins

New to HS development, although seasoned dev.

I have a need to create a workflow that runs every 15 mins and fetch data from an external API, creates contacts and custom objects and then runs again in 15 mins time.

The API and creation sides are all fine. But finding a way to trigger a workflow every 15 mins is doing my head in.

The schedule only goes down to a day at a certain time.

I thought that perhaps i could have two workflows A and B, run A and delay that for 15 mins then enroll in B. Do B, delay 15 mins and enroll in A but HubSpot complains of a cyclic workflow.

I figure this has to be a really common need, so what am i missing here? 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @paulinventome 👋 Based on my experience, this is not possible to do via the Workflow endpoints. The way to enroll/re-enroll in a loop is where things break down. As you've noted. 

One question, is this a Contact-based Workflow? 

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
PCurtis
Participant

Hi Jaycee,

I believe i've done it via custom objects and triggers on certain field properties. So a workflow starts with one object and at the end of that workflow a new object is created via the API and that then triggers another cycle. With a suitable delay in there then i can time it accordingly. Been running every few hours for the past few days and *seems* okay. I doubt there would be a leak or anything as the code executions are all self contained - i assume the workflow is lambda fuctions on AWS or similar?

Kindest
Paul

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @PCurtis Thanks for the brilliant suggestion. — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot