APIs & Integrations

lswanson
Membro

Workflow error "Webhook failed: SSL error"

resolver

When testing a webhook in a workflow, no submissions are being received at the webhook end and the Workflow History shows "Webhook failed: SSL error".

Separate tests with the webhook URL are successfully received and the security certificate appears to be in good standing/passes test, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Are there more detailed error logs available?

Cheers

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
lswanson
Solução
Membro

resolver

There was an issue with the www subdomain on my webhook. I reconfigured to adjust and all is good, thanks!

"I’m seeing an unrecognized name warning when I run the command it suggests to check for this. I’m curious if they tried with the URL ... if it would work. Might need to add something like this ServerAlias example.com *.example.com (via https://stackoverflow.com/a/28703002)"

Exibir solução no post original

cbarley
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @terrichen , just checking out SSL labs, there seemed to be a mismatch in SSL certs right off the bat. When trying to hit your endpoint via a POST request with test JSON data, I'm not getting any response. Do you have a valid SSL certificate for that domain? From SSL labs I'm getting a message that the certificate isn't trusted, which is almost certainly why that failed. 

Here's what I have there Screenshot 2019-06-21 15.13.32.png

You'll need to fix that certificate issue in order for HubSpot to successfully POST data to your endpoint.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
11 Respostas 11
cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @lswanson , we had a minor outage with some of our CRM features yesterday: https://status.hubspot.com/incidents/f8zzfyc5cs1c

Are you still seeing this issue? Happy to dig in further here. We don't have more specific error logs available, but I can dig into this for you if you send over a link to the workflow. Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
lswanson
Membro

resolver

Hi @cbarley thanks for the reply. I tried just now and am still not getting anything at the webhook end and receiving the same error on the History page "Webhook failed: SSL error", so I'm not sure if it's my ignorance in setting workflows up or something else, it appears correctly set up to me.

0 Avaliação positiva
cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @lswanson , can you link me the workflow you're getting stuck on? Could be an issue with the SSL cert your webhook URL is hosted on.

0 Avaliação positiva
terrichen
Participante

resolver

Hi Connor,

I have webhook issue as well, could you help me please?

It keeps showing "Webhook failed: SSL error" on the workflow history.

Thank you.

0 Avaliação positiva
cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @terrichen , to be transparent, these issues are quite hard to see on our end, we don't get any detailed logs of the requests and normally SSL errors are from certification inconsistencies, but I'll see what I can do. Can you please link the workflow that is experiencing this error? 

0 Avaliação positiva
terrichen
Participante

resolver
0 Avaliação positiva
cbarley
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @terrichen , just checking out SSL labs, there seemed to be a mismatch in SSL certs right off the bat. When trying to hit your endpoint via a POST request with test JSON data, I'm not getting any response. Do you have a valid SSL certificate for that domain? From SSL labs I'm getting a message that the certificate isn't trusted, which is almost certainly why that failed. 

Here's what I have there Screenshot 2019-06-21 15.13.32.png

You'll need to fix that certificate issue in order for HubSpot to successfully POST data to your endpoint.

0 Avaliação positiva
terrichen
Participante

resolver

Thank you, we've updated where it's supposed to point to, it works now.

cbarley
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Awesome @terrichen ! Have a great weekend.

0 Avaliação positiva
lswanson
Membro

resolver

I've sent you the workflow URL in a DM. From everything I can find the SSL certificate tests well and is in good standing.

0 Avaliação positiva
lswanson
Solução
Membro

resolver

There was an issue with the www subdomain on my webhook. I reconfigured to adjust and all is good, thanks!

"I’m seeing an unrecognized name warning when I run the command it suggests to check for this. I’m curious if they tried with the URL ... if it would work. Might need to add something like this ServerAlias example.com *.example.com (via https://stackoverflow.com/a/28703002)"