APIs & Integrations

VCandido
Member

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

Hello,

I am facing an issue when triggering a workflow in HubSpot that uses contact properties. I will describe the context and the steps I have taken to solve the problem:

Context:
Workflow and Trigger:

I have a workflow configured to trigger when the "Deal Stage" property is changed to "Meeting Scheduled".
There is a branch that checks if the "meeting scheduling link" field is filled out.
Custom Code:

Within the workflow, I have custom code that sends a webhook. This code captures the phone and mobilephone properties of the contact associated with the deal.
Issue:
When I run a manual test within the workflow configuration, selecting a specific deal, the phone and mobilephone properties are captured correctly, and the webhook is sent successfully.
However, when I move the deal to the expected stage in the pipeline, the trigger does not capture the phone and mobilephone properties of the contact. As a result, the webhook is sent with empty values.
What I have done:
Checked the Properties:

The phone and mobilephone properties are correctly filled out in the contact associated with the deal.
Reviewed the Workflow:

I made sure that the workflow is correctly configured to trigger at the "Meeting Scheduled" stage.
I verified that the phone and mobilephone properties are included and available in the workflow.
Custom Code:

I added logs in the custom code to check the received properties. In the manual test, the logs show the properties correctly, but when triggered by the pipeline movement, the properties appear empty.
Question:
Can someone help me understand why the contact properties are not being captured when the deal is moved in the pipeline, but they work correctly in the manual workflow test? Is there any additional configuration I need to adjust to ensure these properties are available during the trigger?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
VCandido
Member

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

First, here is an image of the macro flow. As you can see, there is a webhook and custom code, both aiming for the same objective. This was an attempt to verify if it would work with custom code. Below, I will detail each action:

 


 Vinicius - Vertigo Tecnologia.png

Link to the custom code:
https://pastebin.com/J8qXmJtp

Test of the code performed by selecting the deal:

VCandido_0-1718815046000.png


Screenshot of the log stored when moving the card to the stage, as you can see, without the variables that are displayed in the test above.

VCandido_1-1718815127354.png

 




0 Upvotes
dsmarion
Top Contributor | Gold Partner
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

Very strange - I do not know the answer.  What I do know is with a little more work you can still get what you want in your workflow or webhook code.  Since you have the deal info sent to your webhook or available in the workflow you can then call the Associations API to get the deal-to-contact association and then call the read contact endpoint and get the contact properties.  I realize it's more work but it is available to you if you have to go that route.  Sorry I do not have a better answer.

Scott Marion
Senior Developer @ Thread Connected Marketing
0 Upvotes
dsmarion
Top Contributor | Gold Partner
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

Many pipline stages have internal id numbers instead of the stage name, I wonder if that is something to look at:  

image.png

 

Scott Marion
Senior Developer @ Thread Connected Marketing
0 Upvotes
VCandido
Member

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

Hi, tks my friend, the pipeline show this.

VCandido_0-1718811079295.png
And this is my criteria:

VCandido_1-1718811188269.png

 

 

0 Upvotes
VCandido
Member

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. I wanted to add that when I move the deal card in the pipeline, the actions are executed, and the final objective of sending a message via WhatsApp is achieved. However, the variables for the contact's phone number are not included, which is essential for my process.

Could you provide any insights on why the phone number variables might not be captured during the automatic pipeline stage transition but work correctly during manual tests?

Thank you for your help.



VCandido_2-1718811476375.png

0 Upvotes
dsmarion
Top Contributor | Gold Partner
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

So I see your criteria fine, makes sense, can you show your next steps in the flow please?

Scott Marion
Senior Developer @ Thread Connected Marketing
0 Upvotes
VCandido
Member

Workflow Trigger Issues with Contact Properties in HubSpot Pipeline

First, here is an image of the macro flow. As you can see, there is a webhook and custom code, both aiming for the same objective. This was an attempt to verify if it would work with custom code. Below, I will detail each action:

 


 Vinicius - Vertigo Tecnologia.png

Link to the custom code:
https://pastebin.com/J8qXmJtp

Test of the code performed by selecting the deal:

VCandido_0-1718815046000.png


Screenshot of the log stored when moving the card to the stage, as you can see, without the variables that are displayed in the test above.

VCandido_1-1718815127354.png

 




0 Upvotes