APIs & Integrations

nikodev
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Workflow Extension data to AWS Lambda function. How would this work?

Hi there, 

I'm not quite sure what the most appropriate label would be for this. 

I'm new to both Workflow Extensions and AWS Lambda functions. As a result, I'm having some issues understanding the required architecture. 

How would I go about sending my Workflow Extension data load to my AWS Lambda function - that's my question in its simplest, most naive form. I just don't know how to connect these things. 

I'm assuming I'd have to develop an API on the Lambda side to facilitate this kind of functionality? I don't understand how you'd invoke and pass data/an event to a function without some kind of API interaction. 

I'm not sure if additional details would be of use here, but I'm more than willing to supply more if desired. 

If anyone can help me  get started on the right path, it would be a huge help and greatly appreciated. 

A8 Labs

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
tominal
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

I haven't used Lambda for our integrations. My most recent project was utilizing the CRM cards. Workflow extensions look the exact same in terms of how HubSpot communicates with external servers.

So yes, I would set up an API gateway to trigger a lambda function. When HubSpot hits your API, your lambda would simply need to respond in JSON using the format they require in their docs.

Hope that helps!

Thomas Johnson
Community Champion

Kahu Software LLC
A Texan HubSpot consulting firm
https://kahusoftware.com
sinyang
Participant

Hey. I'm not 100% familiar either, but maybe we can figure it out along the way. Or at least get our feet wet until someone else chimes in. What docs were you looking at from HubSpot to get started?