APIs & Integrations

Pirath

Work on production safely from my development environmenet

Hello, 

I have a production account with an application (named APP01) and I would like to work on it's API from my local.

When I add the credentials (api_key, the client_id, client_secret app ID and account ID to my developement config), and I call hubspot API, I receve this 

hubspot.png

But APP01 is already registered on my Hubspot applications. Do you know why hubspot asks for permissions ? Will it impact my current in production APP01 ?

Is there a way to import my production account and applications on a developer account to test API in a safer way ?

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Work on production safely from my development environmenet

Hi @Pirath,

The production account that has the Application (which I believe it's now named as 'MyHubSpotApp') is known as the Developer portal. 

The developer place is a place for you to create your apps or test accounts

When installing the app to your other portal, you would need to grant integration permissions as the integration may require specific access to certain feature e.g. in this case permission to add events to contact timeline. 

The impact that it has on the portal that has the app installed is when action is made on the app such as creaing a timeline events using this endpoint: Create or update a group of timeline events

To test things out, you may want to create a test accounts and install the app there. Hope this helps to clarify things!

0 Upvotes