APIs & Integrations

VoIPTools
Participant

Windows application subscribe to chat events

Can this be done?  Need to make chat notifications ring and ring until someone answers the chat request.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @VoIPTools,

While currently it is not possible to set the chat notifications to ring till someone answers the chat request, you can enable the 'Display a red dot in your browser tab when you have unread bell notifications in HubSpot' on your notifications settings. For this, you can learn more here: Configure your conversations notification preferences.

0 Upvotes
VoIPTools
Participant

My question was not whether Hubspot can make it continue to ring, rather, my question was whether I can subscribe to events from a Windows application.  I'm a programmer and I want to make my own application to ring until the chat is answered.

Is it possible to subscribe to Hubspot events from a Windows application?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @VoIPTools,

Currently, it is not possible to subscribe to a chat notifications event.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend jumping over to the HubSpot Ideas Forum and posting this idea there so that it's visible to the HubSpot product team and other HubSpot customers and developers. Hopefully this will gather more interest.

0 Upvotes
VoIPTools
Participant

While this is good to know, it really doesn't solve the problem at all.  When you have several people screaming at you, you will never notice a little red dot.  I don't understand why this is such a big hassle to fix.

I'm a programmer and I've asked on the API forums if there is a way for a windows application to subscribe to chat events, and if there is, then I'm going to write my own freaking icon tray application myself.

0 Upvotes