APIs & Integrations

Dave_A
Participant | Elite Partner

Why does 'profile-token' change frequently?

My application keeps an ecommerce platform's user record in Sync with the HS contact.

Hourly I use the API /contacts/v1/lists/recently_updated/contacts/recent to capture changes and then push these updates to the ecommerce system.

However on many records the 'profile-token' changes frequently, this results in HS providing records that I need to ignore, which is not a problem at all but does result in extra work for both my app and presumably HS.

What triggers this change? Is there any way I can exclude them from the above API call (I am using the optional 'property' parameter already)?

The attached screen shot shows updates to a single VID that were captured over an 18hr (roughly) period.

Dave

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks, @Dave_A.

The public contact record has been sunset, but the team wants to hold off on touching the profile-token and profile-url fields until they're sure any dependencies have been resolved.

I'll update here when I have more information!

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Would you mind sharing your Hub ID, @Dave_A?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Dave_A

sure, our hub id is: 4847847

0 Upvotes
Dave_A

Thanks a lot, I'll keep an eye on our work loads for a drop in volume :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @Dave_A.

Happy to clarify. Per this article, the profile-token and profile-url fields are related to public contact records, which are being sunset today, 23 January, 2019.

While I don't know exactly why profile-token has updated so frequently in the past, I expect the Contacts API will stop returning that field completely in the immediate future. If that happens, you won't have to worry about that field at all. I'm currently trying to verify this with the relevant product team. Stay tuned!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes