APIs & Integrations

Vy_Nguyen

Which information could be captured from a 3rd party lead capturing platform?

SOLVE

Hi,

In recent months I've seen some leads captured with no information besides 'This contact was created from Offline Sources from Hapikey'. I assume this contact is created by a non-Hubspot form we are using.

Is my assumption correct? 

Is there any other hypothesis for contact created with this sole information?

I also want to know if non-Hubspot forms are able to show the lead's web journey on Hubspot/contact board anymore. I did read the API Key Sunset post but with my limited understanding of Dev, I don't quite get the idea.

Thanks in advance for your support.
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I would assume that message means it was created using the Contacts API.

I'm pretty sure non-HubSpot forms still show as form submission on the contact activity timeline. Submissions using the Forms Submission API endpoint I believe would still show as form submissions as they are tied to a form. That is why I believe it would be coming from an API endpoint like the contacts API. 

Do your in app API logs show any POST requests to the contacts endpoint?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I would assume that message means it was created using the Contacts API.

I'm pretty sure non-HubSpot forms still show as form submission on the contact activity timeline. Submissions using the Forms Submission API endpoint I believe would still show as form submissions as they are tied to a form. That is why I believe it would be coming from an API endpoint like the contacts API. 

Do your in app API logs show any POST requests to the contacts endpoint?

0 Upvotes
Vy_Nguyen

SOLVE

Hi,

As I see there is no other information shown in the Contact feed other than that message. After I changed the contact to MQL, the under the image is all that I can see. No other Form submission information or Lead's activities were recapped. 

And I don't really understand your point about Post request. Could you please explain more? Or point out if there is any problem with my form set up? Thank you.

Vy_Nguyen_0-1668652612301.png

0 Upvotes