APIs & Integrations

zaklein
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Which Line Item property is used to display an image preview within an Ecommerce Line Item View?

SOLVE

Relevant to Ecommerce Bridge API V2, I'm struggling to find which property is used as the mechanism for displaying a product image preview within an individual Line Item record view (within the web UI). I can't find anywhere in the Ecommerce Bridge API V2 documentation where this is covered specifically for the Line Item object type.

For the Product object type, the internal HubSpot property is ip__ecomm_bridge__image_url. This works fine --> submitting a product image URL within this Product property leads to the product image preview being displayed on the Product record view (see screenshot 1 below -- Settings > Objects > Product & Quotes), but not on any associated Line Item record views (see screenshot 2 below -- Sales > Ecommerce Pipeline > Deal X > Line Items > Individual Line Item view).

Screenshot 1 (Ecommerce Product View)Screenshot 1 (Ecommerce Product View)

Screenshot 2 (Ecommerce Line Item View)Screenshot 2 (Ecommerce Line Item View)

I can confirm that the Line Item record above was successfully associated to the Product record using the Ecommerce Bridge API V2. I would expect that the ip__ecomm_bridge__image_url value would be "copied" over to the relevant Line Item when that association is made, as is the behaviour for most other Product properties. But this doesn't seem to be the case. The image URL I'm using is valid, and I've tried non-shortened (AKA "naked") image URLs as well -- no luck.

This problem exists on all custom Ecommerce Bridge API V2 integration projects I've been involved in, and it also looks to be the case for Shopify's App on the HubSpot marketplace, which leverages the Ecommerce Bridge API (which version, I'm not sure).

Furthermore, using the Get All Properties API endpoint, the only Line Item property I can find that has anything to do with product images is hs_images (label "Image URL"). However, when you include this in a store's Ecommerce Settings, this leads to the URL being displayed at the top of the Line Item view (see screenshot 2 above), but does not actually display the product image preview (regardless of whether I set the Ecommerce settings property dataType to AVATAR_IMAGE or STRING).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! FYI @dennisedson 

I'm hopeful that someone has already cracked this nut before 😄

Thanks in advance,

Zach

1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Which Line Item property is used to display an image preview within an Ecommerce Line Item View?

SOLVE

Well I am a jerk for not following up on this. 

A product image is set by EComm if:

• A single PRODUCT property mapping of type AVATAR_IMAGE has been set up
  • The url is for a Product sync, not a Line item
  • The mapped properties do not contain whitespace
  • The HubSpot property being mapped is a valid one.

Namely, bullet number 2. We do not sync product images on individual line items right now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
zaklein

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson 

Any update on this one?

Thanks very much 🙂

Zach

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Well I am a jerk for not following up on this. 

A product image is set by EComm if:

• A single PRODUCT property mapping of type AVATAR_IMAGE has been set up
  • The url is for a Product sync, not a Line item
  • The mapped properties do not contain whitespace
  • The HubSpot property being mapped is a valid one.

Namely, bullet number 2. We do not sync product images on individual line items right now.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@zaklein 

I am asking around on this one. 

@louischausse said he was not able to get this to work either.   Will get back to you when I have something.

AviNathan

SOLVE

@dennison

Thanks for sharing this issue! 

Do you have any updated or solutions regarding the image line item issue?

0 Upvotes