APIs & Integrations

RLV2525
Contributor

Which API to use to trigger Workflow within Dotnet Core

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

I have a product that runs on Dotnet Core and has, right now, in-built features that prospects have to confirm first if they want to use it. Currently, if they click on it, they will be confronted with a pop-up and a notification will be send to our Sales team. 

However, I read that I can integrate an API in our product so that when a prospect selects a feature that they want to use that they automatically come in a workflow and could receive a mail and/or more information. This way I can keep our Sales inbox clean, but I'm struggling to figure out which API is the best for this.

Can someone help me on this? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @RLV2525 

Welcome to the Community!

My initial thought on this would be to update a contact property with the CRM Objects endpoint which would trigger a workflow and start your automation.  The workflow portion could be handled in UI.

@Kevin-C , @Bryantworks what do you think?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @RLV2525, by flags I'm meaning custom properties.  You might need to create properties when a user takes action to "flag" that user in HubSpot with a property moving from "true" from "false" for example.  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
RLV2525
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Chris & Dennis,

Thanks for your quick replies!
I will try to use the CRM Objects and see how it works. However, what do you mean by "flags"?

Thanks!

Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @RLV2525

I'll echo @dennisedson suggestion here.  I use the CRM Objects endpoint to force trigger workflows all the time, it's very reliable for this.  You do end up creating several "flags" though.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @RLV2525 

Welcome to the Community!

My initial thought on this would be to update a contact property with the CRM Objects endpoint which would trigger a workflow and start your automation.  The workflow portion could be handled in UI.

@Kevin-C , @Bryantworks what do you think?