APIs & Integrations

bsjut
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Where do I find the info on the API, whether a company is part of a parent-child relationship

We currently have the challenge that we should report on deals and contacts across companies that are in a parent-child relationship.

My current understanding from the knowledge base is that this is currently not natively supported within Hubspot, as data doesn't roll up: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company... (in the answers section below)

So we're looking into how to build that via the API. I took a look at the companies and company properties endpoints, but didn't find any information on how I would be able to see, if a company is part of a parent/child relationship.

It would be awesome if someone would help me to find the right path here! (and if roll up reporting on contacts and deals is already natively supported and the knowledge base is just outdate, please also let me know :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Where do I find the info on the API, whether a company is part of a parent-child relationship

Hi @bsjut,

It's not currently possible to access parent/child company information via the API. This is something the team is looking to build, though I don't have any timeframe on it at the moment. Check out the topic below for some additional info, and check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community to give your support to this idea.

0 Upvotes