APIs & Integrations

codebuster

Where can I retrieve the total number of contacts

Is there a way to get the total number of contacts from the get all contacts API?

8 Replies 8
jarbot
Participant

Is there still no way to get object counts?

coffeeocean
Participant

We need the "total number of objects" too for the same reason (i.e., displaying a percentage progress indicator). We need it for contacts, deals, and hopefully other objects too. For large data set, paging through and loading many pages of data could take a while (especially with the usage cap like 10 API calls per second). Being able to display a percentage progress indicator dramatically improves the end user experience. Please add "total number"! It will be very helpful!! Thanks!

clintonskakun
Participant

Does anyone know if the legacy statistics endpoint still works? This would be SUPER helpful for tons of HubSpot integrations. I mean, it helps everyone improve their UX for syncing. I find most customers are surprised it takes a long time to sync their contacts. A progress bar would give a realistic expectation and allow us to give time estimates based on both total contacts and api request time, an easy calculation.

Please please please add/revive this!!!

GreyPanther

Hey y’all, look what I found: http://www.marinamele.com/2014/02/how-to-use-hubspot-api-with-python.html

I’m trying to do the same as others on the thread (offer a “progress bar” while importing contacts from HubSpot). It seems from the above post that HubSpot has (had?) a legacy API giving the total number of contacts in the portal: https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contacts/statistics. Didn’t try it yet (hopefully it still works - fingers crossed!), but I wanted to throw the information out there to help others.

JoeSessions
Participant

0 Upvotes
adrian1

Hi @dadams. Is this functionality still not available? I, like @codebuster, am trying to build a loading screen while downloading contacts/companies/etc and without knowing in advance how many there are I would have to download objects twice to be able to implement a loading screen.
Thank you for your help!

0 Upvotes
codebuster

When displaying all contacts from the api to our portal internally, I would like to incorporate a percentage loading indicator. To do that I’ll need to know ahead of time how many contacts are in the database.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@codebuster we don’t have a way to just get the current contact total for a portal, so if you’re running a sync job you’d need to page through the contacts until you received a response with "has-more" : false can count the contacts as you go.

Is there anything specific that you’d just want the count for?

0 Upvotes