APIs & Integrations

ajinvise
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

When/how add Line Items to deals via API?

resolver

Im migrating to HubSpot via the API and it's awesome so far. After creating a deal, im using the associationsApi to attach to my companies and contacts. And I have products set up. But how do I add line items?

Is this to be considered an association to deal? I dont see Line Items under Data Management -> Objects where I would normally go to view associations. Do I first need to create a line item, then associate it? Or are there some shortcut or special handling for this?

Thanks!

1 Soluciones aceptada
Jaycee_Lewis
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey, @ajinvise 👋 You are correct, you'll need to create the product and then a line item. Once that is done, you can associate it to Deals.

Here is a recent post where I covered creating a Product and Line Item and successfully associated it to a Deal — Associate product as line item to deal. My post includes a link to a guide from one of our Community Champions on how to create a Product and Line Item via our API. 

I hope this helps get you moving forward.

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
ajinvise

resolver

Thank you @Jaycee_Lewis 🙌 good stuff

Jaycee_Lewis
Solución

resolver

Hey, @ajinvise 👋 You are correct, you'll need to create the product and then a line item. Once that is done, you can associate it to Deals.

Here is a recent post where I covered creating a Product and Line Item and successfully associated it to a Deal — Associate product as line item to deal. My post includes a link to a guide from one of our Community Champions on how to create a Product and Line Item via our API. 

I hope this helps get you moving forward.

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot