APIs & Integrations

LDretzolis
Participant

Whatsapp Beta personalization token

SOLVE

Hello, 
I've just started using the Whatsapp integration for Hubspot (beta). 
I'm having trouble trying to customize a form URL embedded in my message template. 

I can add tokens in the body of the message (here, my variable #1 works fine with firstname). 

However, Hubspot doesn't allow me to add tokens at the end of the Hubspot form URL. I have tried adding ?email={{contact.email}}, but it doesn't work : the link sent through whatsapp is empty (null value). 

Do you have any idea how to make this work ? Below are some screenshots showing the situation. 

Context : I want to send a hubspot form to some qualified contacts by whatsapp, so that they can update their availability. I would like to prefill their email so that they don't submit the form with a new email adress. 

LDretzolis_0-1667554164325.png

LDretzolis_1-1667554196524.png

LDretzolis_3-1667554704920.jpeg

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @LDretzolis,

I completely understand what you are trying to do, I've done it myself for some other situations (not using WhatsApp however...). In this instance there isn't any viable workaround. I think this is feedback that should be passed on to the product team and they could potentially introduce in a future update within the beta.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
VictorVives

SOLVE

Re @LDretzolis 

I've found another way to add dynamic links to my Whatsapp messages.
Not in the CTA, but within the body.

I've created a contact property to store a short link - made with Bit.ly or Short.io with a Make automation.
This link is redirecting to an extended URL with the Hubspot data to pre-polulate the coming forms.

That way, we improve the prospect experience in the funnel and the conversion rate.

Here is an example:
https://edec.me/20070253

NB. The number is in reality the contact record ID to make it easy to find / follow the link.

Let me know if this tip was helpful 👍🏻

Sidekick  Whatsapp  Hubspot Add-On - victor.vives@paradox-ext.com - Paradox Group Mail à 21-40-56.pngSidekick  Short.io Link for Whatsapp Campaign [Sales Ops]  Make à 21-41-36.png

0 Upvotes
VictorVives

SOLVE

Hello @LDretzolis 

I am also trying to populate the dynamic link in the Whatsapp CTA with the data from Hubspot.
Here are the tests I've run:
- use Hubspot variables like email={{contact.email}}
- use Meta variables like phone={{PHONE_NUMBER_ID}} or {phone_number}
Source:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/on-premises/reference/contacts
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/api/messages/message-templates/interactive-message-tem...

But it doesn't work.
I wanted to know if a shift is possible with an intermediary landing page.
NB. pixelme.me is using this technique to trigger scripts for retargeting ads.

Here is the scenario :

1) we send a whatsapp message with a generic link from Hubspot

2) we redirect to an Hubspot landing page and we identify the prospect through the IP address thanks to the Hubspot tracking code

3) we run a script to get the data from Hubspot, based on the IP identification

4) we prepopulate a redirection link with this data
5) we make automatically the redirection to form as soon as the script has loaded (or not) the data.

In the best case, we will pre-populate the form with Hubspot data.
If we can't manage to identify the prospects, the form will ask again the contact details.

Let me know if it's possible - as I'm not an API expert.
Thanks for your help.

(FYI @Jaycee_Lewis and @coldrickjack )

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @LDretzolis,

I completely understand what you are trying to do, I've done it myself for some other situations (not using WhatsApp however...). In this instance there isn't any viable workaround. I think this is feedback that should be passed on to the product team and they could potentially introduce in a future update within the beta.

0 Upvotes
LDretzolis
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you both for your answers, I will wait and see if they introduce this feature. 

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @LDretzolis 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Let's see if we can get the conversation going. Hey, @stefen @coldrickjack, do you have any direct experience here? Or thoughts on ways @LDretzolis might approach this project? 

Thank you very much!  — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes