APIs & Integrations

JVolschenk
Participant

WhatsApp-Meta integration

SOLVE

I need some assistance with the WhatsApp (Meta) integration. 

I tried creating a WhatsApp template that includes a flow, but the template doesn't show up in HubSpot. Regular templates work fine. 

I have a Meta Developer Account, but I'm struggling with setting up the WhatsApp API and how to integrate it into HubSpot. I'm specifically stuck on the 'Configuring webhooks' step.

I'm not an advanced developer, so any assistance would be appreciated. 😊

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JDíazRod
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JVolschenk ,

According to what I am reading in a note published on April 23, 2024 on HubSpot, it comments that it is not possible:

“ Please note: HubSpot does not currently support syncing message templates that use a location header, flow button types or, include multiple button types (e.g., a call to action and a quick reply in the same template). 

I leave you the full link so you can see: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/customize-and-manage-whatsapp-message-templates

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
JDíazRod
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @JVolschenk,
You have to go to edit your flow, after creating it in Meta, to do so follow the following url:

https://app-eu1.hubspot.com/messaging-templates/12345678/whatsapp

* Replace 12345678 from the above url with the HubSpot number of your account.

There, you will see the template with the status that needs customization, where you will have to add the properties for {1}, {2}... that you have configured in the Meta template.

I hope I have helped you.
Good luck!

0 Upvotes
JVolschenk
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JDíazRod, thank you for your response. There is however no template in HubSpot, although the template has been approved on Meta's WhatsApp Business Manager. 

0 Upvotes
JDíazRod
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JVolschenk,
Ok, I understand, can you tell me if you have the WhatsApp app connected in the Connected Apps section (integrations-settings)?

JDazRod_0-1716183261003.png

And, in Templates can you see a section above WhatsApp?

JDazRod_1-1716183309175.png

Regards

0 Upvotes
JVolschenk
Participant

SOLVE

@JDíazRod Yes, WhatsApp is a Connected App. All other templates that I have created, that do not feature a flow (that was created in WhatsApp Business Manager), show up perfectly fine in the WhatsApp Templates on HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes
JDíazRod
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JVolschenk ,

According to what I am reading in a note published on April 23, 2024 on HubSpot, it comments that it is not possible:

“ Please note: HubSpot does not currently support syncing message templates that use a location header, flow button types or, include multiple button types (e.g., a call to action and a quick reply in the same template). 

I leave you the full link so you can see: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/customize-and-manage-whatsapp-message-templates

0 Upvotes
JVolschenk
Participant

SOLVE

@JDíazRod thank you, much appreciated!