APIs & Integrations

Nathan951
Participant

What is the best way to notify users(s) via app of a new contact or call?

SOLVE

I need user(s) to get a notification of call engagement.

Is there still no way to @ metion users in via API?? This seems so basic. It works from UI not API

The only way I have found to get a notification of a new call/engagement is to:

1. Go in app settings
  2. Turn notification on for ticket status update
  3. Create a new ticket 
  4. Set an owner
  5. Associate ticket with Engagement & Contact
  6. Set status

There has got to be an easier way. Please advise.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Nathan951 would creating a workflow (contact based) triggered by the activity property "call type" work? This would allow you to notify users, and also send a webhook or use Zapier if it's integrated. 

danmoyle_0-1686082684494.png

You could use call type, notes, or outcome as a trigger. Then the step could be internal communication (email or in-app), a Slack notification, send a webhook, or other integration you have in the portal. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@Nathan951 would creating a workflow (contact based) triggered by the activity property "call type" work? This would allow you to notify users, and also send a webhook or use Zapier if it's integrated. 

danmoyle_0-1686082684494.png

You could use call type, notes, or outcome as a trigger. Then the step could be internal communication (email or in-app), a Slack notification, send a webhook, or other integration you have in the portal. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Nathan951
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for chiming in. Yes I tried the "@"user with no luck, just as you mentioned.

Was curious if there was any other methods, other than the one I found by creating a ticket.

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @Nathan951. Thanks for your question. The short answer is — you are not missing an API-based solution.

You can create Notes, assign owners, and associate those notes to other Objects. But adding an “@”-type notification is not possible. 

I found this matching Idea from our community member @CMcKay — Notifications API

Hey, @CMcKay  @danmoyle @jolle @albertsg, outside using Webhooks or Workflows (may not be possible due to account tier) do you have any creative suggestions for @Nathan951

Thank you for having a look! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot