APIs & Integrations

Analyst

What happens when customer deletes their account from integration

Hi Guys,

Hi HubSpot, we have a question. Our DEAR Inventory system has an ability to connect our clients to their HubSpot accounts. It works fine. But if client deletes an account in DEAR Inventory system, we should remove our DEAR Application from the client's HubSpot account, because HubSpot should not send WebHooks to DEAR Inventory from this HubSpot's account. How can we disconnect our application from client's HubSpot account? I know that client might go to HubSpot -> Settings -> Integrations -> Connected Apps and remove DEAR Inventory App manually, but sometimes our clients forget to do it and we receive webhooks from HubSpot for DEAR Inventory accounts that have been deleted long time ago.

We tried to investigate an ability how we can remove DEAR Inventory App from HubSpot via API, but without success.

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview
Here we found how we can remove subscription from app, but it will remove subscriptions for all HubSpot integrations, not for particular clients.

Deletion of refresh token does not help as well
https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/delete-refresh-token
Note: This will not uninstall an application from a HubSpot account or inhibit data syncing between an account and a connected application.

It looks like HubSpot could not disconnect the connected app in HubSpot account: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Remove-application-integration-from-the-applicati...

Could you help us and explain how we can remove the connected application from HubSpot account when client remove DEAR Inventory account in our side, we do not want to receive and process a lot of HubSpot web hooks for non-existing accounts...

Thank you,

DEAR Inventory.

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi there!  Could you tell me a little bit more about what authentication methods you are using?  It sounds as though you use HAPI keys?  With regards to refreshing the token, you said that 'This will not uninstall an application from a HubSpot account or inhibit data syncing between an account and a connected application.' Could you explain this further for me?

0 Upvotes
Analyst

Hi we use OAuth 2.0 authentication (https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/oauth2-overview). We created an HubSpot's application, got Client ID, Client secret and all out clients that connects to HubSpot use our HubSpot's app, We created webhooksin our HubSpot's app. If client changes data in HubSpot, we receive a web hook.
When user delete an account in our system, we continue to receive a web hooks from HubSpot from client's HubSpot account. It happens because client's HubSpot account is still connected to our HubSpot's application that has active webooks. We would like to know how we can disconnect client's HubSpot account from our HubSpot's application via HubSpot API,

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Analyst !  Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, your response slipped through my net.  Have you been able to get this resolved?

0 Upvotes
Analyst

No, we haven't resolve this issue yet. We don't know how to disconnect client's HubSpot account from our HubSpot's application via HubSpot API, when user deletes DEAR account in DEAR

0 Upvotes
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Analyst !  As you have found from your links and I was able to confirm internally that there is currently no way to programmatically remove an App from a portal at the moment.  Deletion of the token will indeed not uninstall the App but should affect it's ability to use the Portals data. Once the initial Access Token expires, if the Refresh Token is invalid or simply not available for use in the refresh token call, access cannot be granted to the App and therefore the App cannot work with the Portal data.  Are you seeing something to the contrary?

This query has started a conversation internally so thank you for submitting it 🙂

0 Upvotes
Analyst

As I understand web hooks do not use AccessToken, We store AccessToken on our side and use it for our sync requests.
So it means that we cannot stop HubSpot web hooks receiving when user deletes DEAR account and continue to use HubSpot account, even if we delete Access and Refresh Tokens,... Am I correct?

0 Upvotes
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Analyst !  This is being worked on by our team as we speak but for now if you can log a ticket with support with the following they will be able to assist you.  Link the support rep to this conversation and tell ask them to log a task ticket with the API team to remove relevant installs.

0 Upvotes