APIs & Integrations

Skipio
Contributor

What happens when a "Developer Test Portal trial" ends?

SOLVE

The subject is my main question, but I'll ask it again below with some additional questions. I found this nice article (Test accounts) that talks about how to create a test account, and that it will expire; but it doesn't say what happens when it expires, what data gets lost/kept/etc.

What happens when it expires?
I have 4 OAuth apps under our developer account (1 for each environment in our platform).

• When this portal trial expires, will that disable/destroy my OAuth apps?
    Or does it just remove all the test contacts/companies/users/lists I have created?
    Or something more/else?

Is the "Developer Test Portal" the same thing as a "Test account"?

The article above is for test accounts, and I'm going to assume it's the same thing (I inheritied our developer account, I'm not sure how it was setup initially). If it's not the same thing, do you have any articles about the difference?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Heyo @Skipio 

Your apps will remain, the content within the portals will go bye bye.

I think they are the same thing in this instance.  The reason I only say I think is because there is also a Developer Sandbox account that you can create for CMS work.  You can see it referenced on this page

Hope all is well!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Heyo @Skipio 

Your apps will remain, the content within the portals will go bye bye.

I think they are the same thing in this instance.  The reason I only say I think is because there is also a Developer Sandbox account that you can create for CMS work.  You can see it referenced on this page

Hope all is well!

Skipio
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, I'm glad the apps aren't effected by this 🙂 I'll accept the answer but have a followup question first.

I tried testing the auto-renew (by making an API request via OAuth token) on one of my test accounts that has 17 days left, but the days left didn't reset.

Is there a delay for when the count down refreshes?

I tried a couple different API requests, cleared my browser cookies, signed out/back in and still see 17 days left.

0 Upvotes
Skipio
Contributor

SOLVE

I checked today and I'm up to 88 days left. 👍

So there is a delay for when the countdown refreshes, that might be good to include in the docs about this (they way it sounds in the docs, it should be immediate?)

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Heyo @Skipio 

I will communicate this to the docs team