APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

What Webhook contact property shows an email address that has bounced and will no longer be sent emails

I have seen in the API (end point: http://api.hubapi.com/email/public/v1/subscriptions/) that there is a boolean field named "bounced" that indicates a hard bounce and therefore Hubspot will no longer send to that email address. I have tried to use that field name in a webhook to no avail.
I realize there are other fields such as emailsbounced etc but none of them determine that Hubspot will no longer send emails to it.

What is the field name that indicates an email address that hubspot will no longer send to. In the end Id like to use a webhook to retrieve those in order to remove them from mailing lists.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

What Webhook contact property shows an email address that has bounced and will no longer be sent emails

Hi @Cincom_Systems,

That field isn't a contact property in the traditional sense, and therefore isn't eligible for webhook subscriptions. There isn't any property on the contact records that directly correlates with whether or not an email has hard bounced, since that status is email address specific, not contact record specific. What you might consider doing is subscribing to the 'Emails Bounced' property (which tracks the number of times a contact has hard or soft bounced) and then check the contact's email address using the Email API:

0 Upvotes
WhitakerTy

When I try to use that link using a private App I get  "This app hasn't been granted all required scopes to make this call." and using all of the permissions and scope I have been unable to get  it to work. Is there an endpoint that can be used with a private App using oauth to determine if an email address is bounced?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Great idea..THANK you

0 Upvotes