APIs & Integrations

Babel_Gem
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Weekly data export to Google Sheets via Zapier

resolver

Struggling with this one a little...

I need to get contacts from HubSpot to a Google Sheet, on a weekly basis. Same criteria for the contacts but of course new ones may be added or some removed each week so needs to be dynamic.

Zapier triggers seem limited, so I ended up going for 'contact has been added to a list'. Set up a workflow that pulls them in, adds them to a list, waits some time and then removes them before waiting 7 days and then going round again. 

Problems:

- They aren't re-enrolling despite having re-enrollment criteria on

- If new contacts meet the criteria in that week, they go into the workflow and then I end up with contacts being added to and removed from the list at random points. Not the simple export of data on a weekly basis that I needed.

Am I missing something here, is there an easier way to do this? Essentially just need a group of people in HubSpot sent to a Google Sheet along with set properties, at say 6am on a Monday morning. Seems so simple!

Advice much appreciated

Thanks,

Gem

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
cbarley
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @Babel_Gem , definitely an interesting challenge. The add to list functionality might be the issue since it has to be a static list, but I think Zapier could work in your case. I don't think there's a great way to do this, but I could be wrong.

The issue here is that as you saw, just waiting 7 days won't really work to remove from that list because they could technically come in on a random day, and be removed when you don't actually want them to be removed. 

You could center the workflow on a date property (create a custom date property first), and set up a corresponding second zap that updates their date property based on when they were removed from the google sheet, then they could re-enroll into the workflow that focuses on a static list membership and go again. Not sure why they wouldn't be re-enrolled as if you've added the re-enrollment criteria they should go back through.

I'm not sure if these options would really work, but it might be worth hopping on the phone with support for something like this. You could potentially use your solution in conjunction with our remove contact from a list endpoint every monday at 6am in order to remove contacts at the right time instead of relying on the workflow to do it.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
olga_rusnak
Miembro

resolver

hi @Babel_Gem 

I would suggest you try using Coupler.io to synchronize data between HubSpot and Google Sheets.

How it works :

• you set a data refresh schedule for every 1 hour, 3, 6 hours and some longer periods are available as well. 
  • after that you pick either replace import mode - which rewrites all your data in GSheets every hour for example (and updates both old and new records), or append more - that adds new records to the bottom of your document.

Choosing the right import mode is important and largely depends on whether your historical data changes in the process.

0 Me gusta
cbarley
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @Babel_Gem , definitely an interesting challenge. The add to list functionality might be the issue since it has to be a static list, but I think Zapier could work in your case. I don't think there's a great way to do this, but I could be wrong.

The issue here is that as you saw, just waiting 7 days won't really work to remove from that list because they could technically come in on a random day, and be removed when you don't actually want them to be removed. 

You could center the workflow on a date property (create a custom date property first), and set up a corresponding second zap that updates their date property based on when they were removed from the google sheet, then they could re-enroll into the workflow that focuses on a static list membership and go again. Not sure why they wouldn't be re-enrolled as if you've added the re-enrollment criteria they should go back through.

I'm not sure if these options would really work, but it might be worth hopping on the phone with support for something like this. You could potentially use your solution in conjunction with our remove contact from a list endpoint every monday at 6am in order to remove contacts at the right time instead of relying on the workflow to do it.

0 Me gusta