APIs & Integrations

MBrown79

Website connection and email

SOLVE

Hi community,

Please take into consideration that I am a marketer and not very tech literate. I am suddently having the problem in my account that our website seems suddenly disconnected and I am also having trouble authenticating our email sending domains.

I understand that major email inbox providers require stronger authentication from February 2024. We recommend you authenticate any domains you plan to send email from. So this is quite urgent for us but it seems very complicated.

Questions:

- why would our website, which has been connected for years, suddenly not be connected?

- what is cloud flare? do I need an account there now for everything to work properly?

- we have someone who manages our website. What exactly do I need to give them and tell them to do so that this is all working? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Hall of Famer | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BVIR if your website isn't built on HubSpot's CMS, then you can't connect your domain to HubSpot.

You can connect it as an email sending domain only - you'd need to click this option:

Jnix284_0-1713645775179.png

This will allow you to connect your domain only to send email while keeping your website live wherever it is currently hosted.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
BVIR
Participant

SOLVE

My website is shut down for the same reason. It says its connected to the DNS.... I get DMAC reporst daily that pass. Not sure why this happened when did the CName, DKIM, DMARC, etc to be able to send email campaigns. I called godaddy and the only way to restore my website was to disconned from hubspot. Please help

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BVIR if your website isn't built on HubSpot's CMS, then you can't connect your domain to HubSpot.

You can connect it as an email sending domain only - you'd need to click this option:

Jnix284_0-1713645775179.png

This will allow you to connect your domain only to send email while keeping your website live wherever it is currently hosted.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jnix284

SOLVE

@MBrown79 I'm happy to help with your questions.

First, while the new email recommendations are being monitored as of February 1, the repurcussions won't go into effect until July.

- why would our website, which has been connected for years, suddenly not be connected?

Unless someone manually disconnected, this shouldn't happen.

- what is cloud flare? do I need an account there now for everything to work properly?
Cloudflare is the server that HubSpot uses to host their app and websites, you don't need an account with them directly. Is there something to indicate that you should?

- we have someone who manages our website. What exactly do I need to give them and tell them to do so that this is all working? 

To start, I would make sure your DNS settings are updated so that your website is properly connected again, they'll need the CNAME record info from HubSpot and it would be best if they can walk through the steps directly. For the email sending domain, you'll need to add a DMARC record, and while they recommend an SPF record, it isn't required based on how emails are sent from HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
dsmarion
Top Contributor | Gold Partner
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi Jennifer,

Just FYI: we have already had instances on one of our email servers having issues with the new email recommendations already when delivering to gmail, yahoo and others. The message that we get back specifically states the new rules are already in effect.

Scott Marion
Senior Developer @ Thread Connected Marketing
0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

Thank you @dsmarion, from the Google documentation it says that the change is effective February 1, what I've "heard" is that warnings are being issued now, but actual ramifications won't take full effect until June/July - I believe the message you're receiving is considered a warning.

I higly recommend using https://www.learndmarc.com/ to test your configuration is correct.

0 Upvotes