APIs & Integrations

sriniborra
Teilnehmer/-in

Webhooks

lösung

Hello Team - I would like to see whether below scenario is possible?

I'm going to trigger a webhook(via workflows) onto an external system which validates email address & account ID. If either of them is not valid, the external system will pass on an error which needs to be captured/Notified at Hubspot? It gets notified, will it be possible to build a branch logic based on that result?

Looking forward to your thoughts/suggestions.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
IsaacTakushi
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Webhooks

lösung

Hi, @sriniborra.

The scenario you have described is not possible at this time. HubSpot workflow webhook actions can POST object data to external systems, but cannot act on the response.

As a workaround, you could use one workflow to POST object data and have your external system update a custom contact property if the email address and account ID are invalid. You could then use this to trigger a second workflow with additional steps.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
Web_Dev
Teilnehmer/-in

Webhooks

lösung

Hi, Did you find any solution for this? Please respond, I'm trying to implement something similar with the webhooks and having issues getting a response. Please advise. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Webhooks

lösung

Hi, @sriniborra.

The scenario you have described is not possible at this time. HubSpot workflow webhook actions can POST object data to external systems, but cannot act on the response.

As a workaround, you could use one workflow to POST object data and have your external system update a custom contact property if the email address and account ID are invalid. You could then use this to trigger a second workflow with additional steps.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes