APIs & Integrations

FernandoPJ
Teilnehmer/-in

Webhooks only possible on Public Apps?

lösung

We have a private app on our Account that we use to automate via API. So far, so good.

But our company needs to make calls to our backend in some scenarios, that we'd have to use webhooks for. However, I couln't find the Webhooks Page anywhere in our Account. So I went through documentation, and if I understand correctly this document here says (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/private-apps

) webhooks are only available on public apps?

We, a paying customer, would have to somehow make a generic app, that only we would use, publish to your marketplace (and be reviewed?) so we could use webhooks?? And searching this forum I read that an app will only be published if it has 3 installations from different accounts? Is that serious?

How is that webhooks are not available for private apps? How is my Sales Hub Enterprise account will ever be able to use webhooks? This is a basic functionality to every IT department that wants to integrate its CRM with their own internal tools. Would you rather have our backend request-polling your API every 30 seconds for multiple resources?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
dennisedson
Lösung
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

@FernandoPJ ,

You are correct that private apps do not presently work with webhooks, but that will change over a matter of time.  Not sure how quickly...

With regards to public apps.  There is no requirement to list your app on the marketplace for it to work.  You can walk through the app setup process including the OAuth details and then copy the install url into a browser to connect the app to your portal.  Once that is done, you should be good to go and can subscribe to events in the connected portal. 

Developers___HubSpot.png

Private apps are a recent addition to our offerings and there will be a lot of improvements over time.  Thanks for the feedback.  We take it seriously and this is exactly how we strive to continue to improve our product. 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

11 Antworten
RobCuellari
Mitglied

lösung

Please provide this functionality so that I can generate an App ID secret for a private app. The webhooks look like they are coming in just fine, but I have no way of verifying the SHA encrypted request header.

JMoncada
Mitglied

lösung

The API keys sunset announcement makes us migrate from API keys to private app.

We are planning to follow this article. However, our integration with Hubspot involves a bunch of workflows that have webhook actions.

I'm confused because I have kind of same questions that @FernandoPJ. Also, this docs makes me think that Webhook APIs are different thing that Webhook actions.

So the questions are:

1. Should I create Public app (Oauth) to make the webhook actions work?

2. In the Worflow config, I see that the Webhook action config has: Authentication type: “Include request signature in Header”, does it work with private apps?

3. If asnwer 2 is Yes, where can I find the app-secret to verify request signatures?

I don't know if @dennisedson can help with this question.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

LJin
Mitglied

lösung

However, per this page, public APIs keys (so Public Apps) will stop working by Nov 2022, and webhooks are still not available to Private Apps, so after Nov 2022, applications running webhooks will be obsolete and there is no solution through the Apps ...

CBN
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

And still not available @LJin 

We really just need one call from HubSpot to our app and we already have the private app in Production as part of the change.

Now I seem to have to build a new Public App in order to get this simple information through a webhook call?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Lösung
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

@FernandoPJ ,

You are correct that private apps do not presently work with webhooks, but that will change over a matter of time.  Not sure how quickly...

With regards to public apps.  There is no requirement to list your app on the marketplace for it to work.  You can walk through the app setup process including the OAuth details and then copy the install url into a browser to connect the app to your portal.  Once that is done, you should be good to go and can subscribe to events in the connected portal. 

Developers___HubSpot.png

Private apps are a recent addition to our offerings and there will be a lot of improvements over time.  Thanks for the feedback.  We take it seriously and this is exactly how we strive to continue to improve our product. 

Trixy
Mitglied

lösung

HI Team,

Our team to try submit Public app in Hubspot marketplace but we there is one requirement like need to 3 installs for requirements , we tried the install url but struck in load page only, so this is my question. is this nesccessary need webhook for the app submission or not ? how can i resolve this issue ? the page is not redirect to the url , kindly provide your knowledge to solve this issue.   

0 Upvotes
saygedavid
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks for the helpful answer. What's the best way to have webhooks for an app that only our account would need? Go down the path suggested with "public" apps or do private apps now support them?

0 Upvotes
Davack
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey,

Any ETA for that? I don't want to make my private app public since it is designed in a way that it should be installed only over my business.
Any workaround, so we are able to subscribe for events (e.g. deal stages changes)?

Currently, we paying a lot to services like Zapier to invoke our AWS Lambda for deal stage changes.

GBersac8
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This is a much needed feature.

FernandoPJ
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks for responding so fast. This will help us use webhooks in a Hubspot-recommended way.

Observe that Hubspot's current docs recommends Private Apps for our internal usage scenario; it is only when webhooks becomes involved that documentations fails to guide new acounts towards another solution.

Hopefully, this help post will guide other users as well.

CBN
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

So how are you doing this now - a year down the road - @FernandoPJ ?

0 Upvotes