APIs & Integrations

raphaelarias
Contributor

Webhooks not triggering propertyChange for some properties

SOLVE

We've added a few properties to the Webhooks contacts.propertyChange, but they are no being fired, this was 5 hours ago. It's impacting our customers heavily. The documentation says should start triggering events 5 minutes after added. A customer support ticket was opened, but they are not able to provide answers.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 5.36.32 pm.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @raphaelarias,

I hope all is well with you 😄

When looking at the webhook event subscriptions you created on your app 62980, I noticed that the property pipelineStatus isn't the same as the internal name of the pipelineStatus property created on your HubSpot portal 493376:

internalname.png

The internal name value is pipelinestatus (small 'S') whereas the webhook event subscription is using pipelineStatus. This is likely why you ain't receiving any notification when the pipelineStatus property changed.

On my end, I tried creating a similar custom property and I was able to see that the webhook notification was sent out just fine when I update the custom property.

I hope this helps to clarify!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @raphaelarias,

I hope all is well with you 😄

When looking at the webhook event subscriptions you created on your app 62980, I noticed that the property pipelineStatus isn't the same as the internal name of the pipelineStatus property created on your HubSpot portal 493376:

internalname.png

The internal name value is pipelinestatus (small 'S') whereas the webhook event subscription is using pipelineStatus. This is likely why you ain't receiving any notification when the pipelineStatus property changed.

On my end, I tried creating a similar custom property and I was able to see that the webhook notification was sent out just fine when I update the custom property.

I hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes
raphaelarias
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you!

Sorry, it was indeed our mistake. 🙂

0 Upvotes
raphaelarias
Contributor

SOLVE

The AppID is 62980 and the HubID is 493376.

0 Upvotes
raphaelarias
Contributor

SOLVE

Example contact: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/493376/contact/186456882/

Property changed pipelineStatus.

0 Upvotes
raphaelarias
Contributor

SOLVE

For Hubspot's default fields, it works. User's custom fields, it doesn't.

0 Upvotes