APIs & Integrations

ahaugen

Webhooks not executing

SOLVE

We are having intermittent issues with our webhooks not executing appropriately. For most cases they do execute and send our leads into our CRM. However, it has become VERY frequent that the webhooks haven't been executing which is causing a big problem for us. We aren't sure how to solve this problem as we can't pegged down what exactly has been causing this. Can we have support from HubSpot to help us fix this?

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Webhooks not executing

SOLVE

Hi, @ahaugen.

Thanks for sharing that link.

If you hover over some of those 500 errors, an Event details button will appear in the right column. Clicking it will open a sidebar with the error from your service.

I'm seeing the following for all of the 500 errors:

<!DOCTYPE html>
 <html>
 <head>
 <title>Compilation Error</title>
 <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
 <style>
 body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 
 p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
 b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
 H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
 H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
 pre {font-family:"Consolas","Lucida Console",Monospace;font-size:11pt;margin:0;padding:0.5em;line-height:14pt}
 .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
 .version {color: gray;}
 .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
 .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
 @media screen and (max-width: 639px) {
 pre { width: 440px; overflow: auto; white-space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; }
 }
 @media screen and (max-width: 479px) {
 pre { width: 280px; }
 }
 </style>
 </head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<span><H1>Server Error in '/' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>

<h2> <i>Compilation Error</i> </h2></span>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">

<b> Description: </b>An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
 <br><br>

<b> Compiler Error Message: </b>CS0246: The type or namespace name &#39;HubspotQLContact&#39; could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)<br><br>
 <b>Source Error:</b><br><br>
 <table width=100% bg

The errors cite HubspotQLContact, which is not a HubSpot asset.

I did some digging on this error and this Stack Overflow article outlines the most promising solution.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Webhooks not executing

SOLVE

Hi, @ahaugen.

It looks like you may be referring to workflow webhook actions. If so, can you please share links to some workflows which are showing failed workflow webhook POST actions? If errors aren't immediately obvious in the workflow's History tab, please specify a time frame where errors appear.

If you're referring to webhook subscriptions (Webhooks API), please specify your app ID, test account's Hub ID, and which webhook subscriptions I should investigate.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
ahaugen

Webhooks not executing

SOLVE

Hi @IsaacTakushi - For this workflow (https://app.hubspot.com/workflows/321800/flow/2304675/history) we get errors such as "The webhook wasn't able to execute, but will retry soon," "Webhook failed due to connection timeot. Will retry," and "Webhook failed: server error Server responded with error code 500" within the last couple months. 

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Webhooks not executing

SOLVE

Hi, @ahaugen.

Thanks for sharing that link.

If you hover over some of those 500 errors, an Event details button will appear in the right column. Clicking it will open a sidebar with the error from your service.

I'm seeing the following for all of the 500 errors:

<!DOCTYPE html>
 <html>
 <head>
 <title>Compilation Error</title>
 <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
 <style>
 body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 
 p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
 b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
 H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
 H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
 pre {font-family:"Consolas","Lucida Console",Monospace;font-size:11pt;margin:0;padding:0.5em;line-height:14pt}
 .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
 .version {color: gray;}
 .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
 .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
 @media screen and (max-width: 639px) {
 pre { width: 440px; overflow: auto; white-space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; }
 }
 @media screen and (max-width: 479px) {
 pre { width: 280px; }
 }
 </style>
 </head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<span><H1>Server Error in '/' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>

<h2> <i>Compilation Error</i> </h2></span>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">

<b> Description: </b>An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
 <br><br>

<b> Compiler Error Message: </b>CS0246: The type or namespace name &#39;HubspotQLContact&#39; could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)<br><br>
 <b>Source Error:</b><br><br>
 <table width=100% bg

The errors cite HubspotQLContact, which is not a HubSpot asset.

I did some digging on this error and this Stack Overflow article outlines the most promising solution.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes