APIs & Integrations

zheng_feng
メンバー

Webhooks generate by Create-A-Deal

I've got a server setup to receive webhooks from Hubspot when a Create-A-Deal event happens, and I expect a single event to be sent when it happens. What actually is sent is two almost identical requests, with the variation being a different eventId for each:

2019-10-15 15:01:52 warn dealPropertyChange { objectId: 1093809702,
  propertyName: 'dealstage',
  propertyValue: 'qualifiedtobuy',
  changeSource: 'CRM_UI',
  eventId: 1058485929,
  subscriptionId: 117673,
  portalId: 5896868,
  appId: 193388,
  occurredAt: 1571151714389,
  subscriptionType: 'deal.propertyChange',
  attemptNumber: 0}

2019-10-15 15:01:42 warn dealPropertyChange { objectId: 1093809702,
  propertyName: 'dealstage',
  propertyValue: 'qualifiedtobuy',
  changeSource: 'CRM_UI',
  eventId: 2756558016,
  subscriptionId: 117673,
  portalId: 5896868,
  appId: 193388,
  occurredAt: 1571151714389,
  subscriptionType: 'deal.propertyChange',
  attemptNumber: 0}

Why are there two events for what should be one? I'm having trouble using the API to find out more details about the event (both my hapikey and using access token seems to not have permissions to fetch from the API, not sure what to modify there)

0 いいね!
2件の返信
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @zheng_feng,

I hope all is well with you 😄

Our team is aware of this issue and you can keep tab of the updates on this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/App-triggers-two-webhook-events-for-one-propertyC... where my colleague Leland updated that we have identified the caused of the depulicated notifications and is working on a fix for this.

Thank you for your patience here Zheng Feng!

0 いいね!
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @zheng_feng,

Our team has pushed a fix for the above issue.

One thing to note, as Leland mentioned here

"Our Webhooks documentation here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview, there is a note in the payloads section:

NOTE ON UNIQUENESS: We do not guarantee that you will only get a single notification for an event. Though this should be rare, it is possible that we will send you the same notification multiple times.

So the mass duplicate notifications should be fixed now. But it is possible for duplicates to happen, albeit rarely, and certainly nowhere near the scale that was happening here."

Let me know if there's any further questions on this!

0 いいね!