APIs & Integrations

davespot

Webhooks and Custom Objects

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some answers around webhooks.

1. I'm trying to track when a change is made on a standard or custom object, but it seems like only 3 standard objects are available now. Is there any plans to support the other standard objects (products, line items, etc) and custom objects in the future? (I understand the workaround is to use workflows, but I don't want to get an Operations Hub license).

2. As I'd like to track ANY change, I'm worried about the 1000 subscription limit. My workaround is to try to add "lastmodifieddate", but I get an error when trying to add that. I'm not sure "hs_lastmodifieddate" will work here as it only a date type (vs datetime). Is there another workaround for this?

3. If the above is not possible, when a new custom field is added to a Contact object, will I need to update my subscriptions to add a propertyChange for the new custom field to be able to see updates?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, davespot 👋

I can speak to question 1  — there is not an additional update on adding other objects at this time. For question 2 I do not have anything documented or a previous thread with a workaround. For question 3, we'll see if the community has any thoughts for you. 

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
NKieran_Hyve
Participant

Hi - Please could you let me know if webhooks work with custom objects? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
dsringari
Participant

Hi Jaycee,

So to confirm, there are no webhook events for custom objects?