APIs & Integrations

johnwfoster

Webhook with custom Contact checkbox field

SOLVE

I created a custom field that is a checkbox.  Then I created a webhook subscription to changes on the field.  The test subscription executes, but when the field is actually changed in CRM, the webhook does not fire. Is this a problem with checkboxes in general, or just custom checkboxes?  Anyone else having a similar issue?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @johnwfoster,

I'm able to see that if you checked the subsription > Hit the 'Activate' button on the first row > It would work.:

activate.png

Does this work for you?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @johnwfoster,

I would expect the webhook subscription for the custom property change to work just fine as I have also tested it out on my own dev app by subscribing to a change subscription on a custom property and the webhook did fire.

In this case, are you referring to the 'isBCA__c' field? If so, I noticed that the internal name is 'isbca__c' however the webhook subscription is set to 'isBCA__c' this is likely the reason why the webhook isn't firing.

Note: You can refer to this useful documentation - Manage your properties on how to retrieve the internal value of a property.

Can you try changing 'isBCA__c' to match the internal name 'isbca__c' and see if it works?

0 Upvotes
johnwfoster

SOLVE

I made that change, and now oddly it will let me create the subscription, but it will not let me activate it.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @johnwfoster,

I'm able to see that if you checked the subsription > Hit the 'Activate' button on the first row > It would work.:

activate.png

Does this work for you?

0 Upvotes
johnwfoster

SOLVE

Very interesting.  The activate button on isBCA__c is disabled, but when I click the entry as you did and used the top Activate link, it worked.  Thank you very much!

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @johnwfoster,

Just to update, I believe this has been fixed and you should be able to activate the subscription when hovering over the subscriptions event now. You do not have to use the top activate link if you're doing a single activation. 

0 Upvotes