APIs & Integrations

vchua
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Webhook to send a notification to a slack channel everytime a note is added to a deal?

SOLVE

Can i use webhooks to send deal activity updates notifications to a slack channel?

Has any developers attempted this with success? I would love to find out more, thank you!

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Webhook to send a notification to a slack channel everytime a note is added to a deal?

SOLVE

Hey @Valerie_Chua,

This isn't something that's possible in HubSpot out-of-the-box.

To my understanding, the customer would have to build a Slack app and could then conceivably use workflow webhooks to POST contact information to the app. (Deal workflows don't support webhooks at this time.) From there, the app would have to parse the JSON HubSpot sends over and trigger a notification that something on the contact record changed (e.g. recent_deal_close_date).

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Valerie_Chua,

Did you file this on behalf of a customer? Per this article, Sales Hub Enterprise allows deal-based workflows to send Slack notifications.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
vchua
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Isaac_Takushi,

Yes I did! John Laviña is the customer.
He has just shared that instead of using the deal-based workflows to send Slack notifications, whereby shortest cycle updates are checked is 1 day, he is only interested in real time updates that sends real time slack notifications.
Is this something we have resources to help with currently?
Thanks!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Valerie_Chua,

This isn't something that's possible in HubSpot out-of-the-box.

To my understanding, the customer would have to build a Slack app and could then conceivably use workflow webhooks to POST contact information to the app. (Deal workflows don't support webhooks at this time.) From there, the app would have to parse the JSON HubSpot sends over and trigger a notification that something on the contact record changed (e.g. recent_deal_close_date).

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes