APIs & Integrations

MicoleDev

Webhook on private app

I want to send every update on some specific Company fields to an public endpoint, however I am not able to do that.

In dev docs I can read it requires appID so I guess it wont work on private APPs

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/webhooks

So my question is, how can I automate via API which fields I want to trigger the webhook and how can I set the throttling configuration?

I can see nothing about webhooks in the front side only workflows that requires me to go field by field, ideally I want to do that via API so we can get things done quickly.

In the documentation I can see screenshots in my dashboard just doesnt exists, for example this one here:

MicoleDev_0-1669460059822.png

I can only see private apps as an option since new update of 30/11/2022 wont allow to use API keys and workflows doesnt even have a documentation we can use.

How can I get this done?

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
SRoumane

Webhook on private app

Hi everyone,

I have a question is how can i send a custom header in my webhook private app ? Using serverless function and the CLI 

Thank you very much 

0 Upvotes
CBN
Top Contributor

Webhook on private app

Having webhooks on private apps would be very useful @Jaycee_Lewis 

The overhead of setting up a full account with OAuth is a lot when all I want is a notification in my private app when a deal changes state.

Is this in the pipeline or not?

0 Upvotes
cschiller
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Webhook on private app

A public beta has just been released:

INTEGRATIONS

[Public Beta] Private App Webhooks
31. Juli 2023

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/create-and-edit-webhook-subscriptions-in-private-apps

lstepany
Contributor | Elite Partner

Webhook on private app

Hi @CBN ,

I have recently solved a similar problem by utilising workflows to send a webhook to any endpoint. 
Check if this is useful:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/Workflows/How-do-I-use-webhooks-with-HubSpot-Workflows

0 Upvotes
CBN
Top Contributor

Webhook on private app

Thanks @lstepany  how that that requires you have Operations Hub Professional, Enterprise on your subscription. Which is COMPLETELY useless for me.

I don't need anything in that module and I have both Marketing and Sales Professional, so why should I waste another load of money for this basic need - to call a webhook on my private app as part of a marketing workflow?

That is my big question

lstepany

Webhook on private app

Hi, I have a similar issue. I want to use a privet App as authenticaton method and need to setup a webhook on deal creation.

After step one as @Jaycee_Lewis  has discribed, I get access to developer account , but I am able to use webhook onlny with oAuth authenticaton method. In other words there is now option for Prvet app. Does it mean that web hooks are not used with Privet apps?

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Webhook on private app

That is correct. Webhooks and the Webhook API require use of a Developer Account, crating an app, and setting up OAuth. It is not available for use with Private Apps.
Resource:

Webhook API Documentation —

“Using the Webhooks API requires the following:

• That you set up a HubSpot app to use webhooks by subscribing to the events you want to be notified about, and by specifying a URL to send those notifications. See the prerequisites documentation for more details about creating an app. (apps require using OAuth and your developer account – Jaycee)
  • That you deploy a publicly available and secure (HTTPS) endpoint for that URL that can handle the webhook payloads specified in this documentation.

Webhooks are set up for a HubSpot app, not individual accounts. Any account that install your app by going through the OAuth flow will be subscribed to its webhook subscriptions.”

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Webhook on private app

Hi, @MicoleDev 👋 Welcome to the community. Step one is to make sure you are in your Developer account and not a production portal. Make sure to look for the banner at the top that states, “This is an app developer account.”

dev-hook-1.png

Once there, you need to create an app. The webhook and other setting-type pages you are not seeing are located in your app settings via your developer account.

dev-hook-2.png

Resources:

Create a developer account

dev-hook-3.png

Create an App Test account

You don't need to list your app publicly. More details in this thread.

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
MicoleDev

Webhook on private app

@Jaycee_Lewis any idea on how can I get into that webhook page inside the private app? that option doesnt exists on my account

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Webhook on private app

Hey, @MicoleDev. Webhooks are incompatible with Private Apps. This is why you do not see the options there.

You'll need to follow the steps to use a developer account, create an app, set up the webhook details and subscriptions, and install the app into your production portal. 

From the documentation — “Webhooks are set up for a HubSpot appnot individual accounts. Any account that install your app by going through the OAuth flow will be subscribed to its webhook subscriptions.”

I'll file a request to have this explicitly called out at the beginning of the Webhook API documentation

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
MicoleDev

Webhook on private app

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis ,

I got you and I see what you say in the documentation, but in my account I cannot see tha same options as you. Once I open my private app I have nothing to configure at all, no options, I can only edit scopes and delete the app.

I dont need this for the developer account, I want to move forward into production.

Hope you can help me out with this