Dec 2, 2021 11:47 AM
I would like to install my app for webhook. For now, I use on production environment one custom app. On staging env, I would like to install two apps (dev and staging).
1. I create a new custom app with proper config (redirect_url, scopes, event subscriptions)
2. I copy https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxxxx&redirect_uri=my_redirect_url and paste it into the browser
3. I select the proper account and click verify.
4. I'm redirected to my site
Unfortunately, my custom app is still invisible in "connected app" -> https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-settings/xxxxxx/installed
What I'm doing wrong or what I can do additionally?
Dec 7, 2021 3:05 AM
@dennisedson Yes, the new staging is a sandbox account. Webhook doesn't work on sandbox by "non-marketplace" apps?
Dec 3, 2021 5:16 AM
@TeunYes apps from the marketplace work well. But I need a solution to create a good staging env. For now, I have:
1. Prod: Hubspot -> prod app for webhook not listed in the marketplace -> our prod backend
2. Old Staging: Hubspot -> staging app for webhook not listed in the marketplace -> our staging backend
Old Staging: Hubspot -> dev app for webhook not listed in the marketplace -> our tunnel for development backend
But for now, I create a new staging, and I need to prepare the same webhooks like on prod env. Old staging works good and webhook apps are showing in connected apps. In new staging is impossible.
I use webhook to react to events in Hubspot, but I read from Hubspot by the normal API (hapi_key). I don't use OAuth refresh_token etc.
A solution like "make the private app", sounds like changing the production connection to keep one codebase. It is not a good solution for me. I would prefer it to work as it did before.
If you have any other (not private apps) ideas please let me know.
Dec 3, 2021 11:10 AM
It looks like you are using a sandbox from your production account. Is that your staging?
Dec 3, 2021 2:25 AM
Hi @barteksonarhome ,
Maybe @dennisedson can verify this for me, but I'm pretty sure integrations show up if they are also available in the marketplace. I checked a few of the portals where I have a app connected, and they do not show up, but are also not published on the marketplace.
If this app is created for one specific portal, I would advice you to look into private apps.