APIs & Integrations

barteksonarhome
Contributor

Webhook - install custom app (not from marketplace)

Hi,
I would like to install my app for webhook. For now, I use on production environment one custom app. On staging env, I would like to install two apps (dev and staging).

1. I create a new custom app with proper config (redirect_url, scopes, event subscriptions)

2. I copy https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxxxx&redirect_uri=my_redirect_url and paste it into the browser

3. I select the proper account and click verify.

4. I'm redirected to my site

Unfortunately, my custom app is still invisible in "connected app" -> https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-settings/xxxxxx/installed

What I'm doing wrong or what I can do additionally?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
barteksonarhome
Contributor

@dennisedson Yes, the new staging is a sandbox account. Webhook doesn't work on sandbox by "non-marketplace" apps?

0 Upvotes
barteksonarhome
Contributor

@TeunYes apps from the marketplace work well. But I need a solution to create a good staging env. For now, I have:
1. Prod: Hubspot -> prod app for webhook not listed in the marketplace -> our prod backend
2. Old Staging: Hubspot -> staging app for webhook not listed in the marketplace -> our staging backend

Old Staging: Hubspot -> dev app for webhook not listed in the marketplace -> our tunnel for development backend

But for now, I create a new staging, and I need to prepare the same webhooks like on prod env. Old staging works good and webhook apps are showing in connected apps. In new staging is impossible.
I use webhook to react to events in Hubspot, but I read from Hubspot by the normal API (hapi_key). I don't use OAuth refresh_token etc.

A solution like "make the private app", sounds like changing the production connection to keep one codebase. It is not a good solution for me. I would prefer it to work as it did before.

If you have any other (not private apps) ideas please let me know.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@barteksonarhome 

It looks like you are using a sandbox from your production account.  Is that your staging? 

0 Upvotes
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @barteksonarhome ,

Maybe @dennisedson can verify this for me, but I'm pretty sure integrations show up if they are also available in the marketplace. I checked a few of the portals where I have a app connected, and they do not show up, but are also not published on the marketplace.
If this app is created for one specific portal, I would advice you to look into private apps.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.