APIs & Integrations

lc_dan

Webhook for Deal property-change fires even when new Deal is created

SOLVE

I've set up a webhook for a Deal property (dealstage) change event.

However, I seem to receive the webhook call even when the Deal is created through the API.

Is this expected? Is there a way to differentiate between property creation vs property change (I only need to capture a change)?

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @lc_dan,

If the deal property change that your webhook event is subscribed to is also a deal property that was filled up when the deal was created, it is expected that you'll receive a webhook call for the deal.propertyChange subscription type.

E.g. If I create a subscription for deal property change:dealname and when a deal is created through an API with dealname the webhook subscription type will see it as both creation of deal and propertychange of dealname

Currently there isn't a way to differentiatie if the property change is made through an object creation.

That said, If you're subscribed to both the deal creation and deal property change, we can differentiate if it's a creation or property change by looking into the subscription type. (Learn more here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview under the subscription types section)

Hope this helps to clarify!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @lc_dan,

If the deal property change that your webhook event is subscribed to is also a deal property that was filled up when the deal was created, it is expected that you'll receive a webhook call for the deal.propertyChange subscription type.

E.g. If I create a subscription for deal property change:dealname and when a deal is created through an API with dealname the webhook subscription type will see it as both creation of deal and propertychange of dealname

Currently there isn't a way to differentiatie if the property change is made through an object creation.

That said, If you're subscribed to both the deal creation and deal property change, we can differentiate if it's a creation or property change by looking into the subscription type. (Learn more here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview under the subscription types section)

Hope this helps to clarify!

0 Upvotes