APIs & Integrations

amar_yadav

Webhook URLs not actually being hit

SOLVE

I set up a developer's account. Using that I created an app. I connected this app to a dummy portal. After testing it thoroughly I connected it to the main portal. Using hapi key I checked all the APIs all of which worked and finally uploaded by app's server on a new https domain. Unfortunately something went wrong on the live version and the app's webhook log panel was full of error counts. Over 90% of webhook hits were errors and the total hits amounted to over 3k overnight.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 5.30.59 PM.png

I fixed the server next morning. Here's my problem - I can still see webhook hit count increasing and errors too! I checked my server for logs and I couldn't find a single one! Not even a log of the url(that I mentioned in the app) being actually hit! I tried editing the webhook and clicked on test - it shows a green check sign but there's no sign of it on my server! No logs! I do that test manually, copy the dummy data from 'Edit' webhook subscription modal and also the URL that I've put in and try it in the postman and here I can see a proper response as well a log on my server.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 5.32.24 PM.png

Please help, its urgent. Is this some sort of a blacklisting? Is there a workaround?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @amar_yadav.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I see that you connected with Carson in support ticket 2392087. I am happy to work with Carson to answer any additional questions you may have, so please follow up in that ticket.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
amar_yadav

SOLVE

Take a look below, this was not the way it was happening an hour ago.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 8.35.17 PM.jpg

Even with a 500 status code, the subscription modal was showing me a green tick mark. I guess it was some bug. I'm not able to replicate it again. However I have finally identified the problem. It had initially allowed me to enter a URL(though it was probably sending 500 response at that moment), but I was able to save the webhook subscription. And the hit count kept on increasing. As well as the errors. Which proves my theory. But now, I'm getting a 500 response when I re-enter the same URL. This was a brand new https server I had set up, upon clicking 'Test' it shows a 500 but I still can't see any hits logged on my new server. This is the most accurate description of my problem.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @amar_yadav.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I see that you connected with Carson in support ticket 2392087. I am happy to work with Carson to answer any additional questions you may have, so please follow up in that ticket.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes