APIs & Integrations

simonh321
Participant

Webhook URL to create contacts from Google Ads lead form

SOLVE

Hi there,

We're looking to test a new Google Ads extension, where a lead form is shown in the ad.

I'm keen to understand how we can get the data flowing straight into Hubspot and creating Contacts, but don't know where to start. 

There's info from Google on the link below. Basically an HTTP POST request goes to a URL (that I need to provide from Hubspot?)

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9470385

Any help greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @simonh321,

HubSpot currently doesn't support webhook URL that accept incoming POST requests. Our Webhooks API allows HubSpot to send outgoing POST requests to a webhook URL customer defines.

Hence, in this case, you wouldn't be able to plug a HubSpot URL as an HTTP POST request  to sync Google leads directly to HubSpot.

One way to go about doing this is to set up a server and a custom integration to receive the Google requests (the URL webhook will point to the integration/server). From there, reformat the requests to meet our API requirements and then POST them to HubSpot using, for example, the Contacts API: Create or update a group of contacts | Contacts API.

We don’t have any resources on setting up webhook URLs for custom apps, creating servers, receiving webhook responses from Google, etc. All of this information will either be in Google Ad’s documentation (https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9470385?hl=en) or on public forums like Stack Overflow.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
vdhandia
Participant

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot!

I am facing thr same isseu and it feels tiresome to take google leads from Google Ads and put them into HubSpot every single day. Just like HubSPot has an integration with Facebook and Linkedin Ads Managers, I think it will be valuable to have one with GOogle as well. Especially since Google Ads have started Lead Gen Ads directly from Google hosted pages. 

I hope we have a better solution for this in the future. 

For Zapier, can someone confirm that it will allow the Google leads to sync into Hubspot through the webhooks?

Sincerely 

Vishal

0 Upvotes
SimonS
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @vdhandia ,

I can confirm that the Zapier route works. Although the Google Ads Lead Gen forms are limited in the sort and number of available questions. 

Best, Simon

stacedixon
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @SimonS, thanks for your help and support in this forum. Question, does this Zapier route work for video ads as well, or just for search ads via the extension creation? What have you done or how have you been able to integrate the video ads lead form to create automatic contacts in Hubspot?  

@WendyGoh is the information you shared back in November 2019 still up to date or do you have any new updates on this issue? Is Hubspot or will Hubspot soon be working on a solution to integrate Google Lead Forms directly into Hubspot without the workarounds or third-party extension apps? 

Thank you all! 

0 Upvotes
SimonS

SOLVE

Hi @stacedixon

Haven't tried it with Youtube video ads yet. As far as I can see it should work in the same way. As long as YT can send the data from a lead gen form to a webhook your good to go.

At the end of the process to create a lead gen form YT asks how you want the leads to be delivered. You can select "webhook" and enter an endpoint URL to send the data to.

Lead+delivery+options+YouTube+Form+Ads.png

0 Upvotes
stacedixon
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your help, @SimonS !! I'll let you know how it works out after we connect via Zapier next week. Even with entering the inquiries manually at the moment, the video ad lead form campaign is proving to be very cost-effective for lead inquiry generation. Also, our data manager and Hubspot extraordinaire let me know that there should be a Hubspot and Google Ads Lead Form integration toward the end of 2020, FYI!

0 Upvotes
RGabriel
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @stacedixon ,

I've seen that you are working also with video ads lead form. How was your Zapier work on it? 

Have you been able to integrate it to create automatic contacts in Hubspot?  Did you connect your existing hubspot form on it?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @simonh321,

HubSpot currently doesn't support webhook URL that accept incoming POST requests. Our Webhooks API allows HubSpot to send outgoing POST requests to a webhook URL customer defines.

Hence, in this case, you wouldn't be able to plug a HubSpot URL as an HTTP POST request  to sync Google leads directly to HubSpot.

One way to go about doing this is to set up a server and a custom integration to receive the Google requests (the URL webhook will point to the integration/server). From there, reformat the requests to meet our API requirements and then POST them to HubSpot using, for example, the Contacts API: Create or update a group of contacts | Contacts API.

We don’t have any resources on setting up webhook URLs for custom apps, creating servers, receiving webhook responses from Google, etc. All of this information will either be in Google Ad’s documentation (https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9470385?hl=en) or on public forums like Stack Overflow.

0 Upvotes
simonh321
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @WendyGoh 

Thanks for getting back to me to clarify, and the information on possible next steps. It's a shame we can't plug it straight into Google but we'll look into the other options.

Thanks

SimonS

SOLVE

@simonh321 Did you find other options to get data from Google Ads extentions into HubSpot?

We're looking into it at the moment and run into the same issues. It looks like Zapier can do it: https://zapier.com/apps/google-lead-form-extension/integrations

Haven't tried it out yet.

Would be great to exchange experience and knowledge.

Tnx, Simon

0 Upvotes