Webhook URL not accepted

SOLVE
GBulleri
Participant

Hi,

I opened a ticket at the official support but still no answers!

May be that the commnunity can help me!!

 

When, from my developer account, I write a valid URL into the webhook target URL field, after clicking SAVE Hubspot raises an error inviting me to contact tech support:

"Something went wrong when saving you changes". I tried many times and in different days.

GBulleri_0-1637766221401.png

 

May be an SSL issue?

Thank you

 

 

 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
dennisedson
Solution
Community Manager

@GBulleri ,

I think the underscore is the issue.  You will also need to have SSL for that url.

You could do a quick test removing the underscore and see if  that is accepted. 

Ideally, you will be able to update that underscore to a dash for your app

Thanks,

Dennis




Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content

View solution in original post

GBulleri
Solution
Participant

Hi,

thank you for you answer.

I just finished now and I explain to the community what happened:

 

The webhook listener was a webservice (ASMX): I realized that an ASMX webservice cannot accept

json arrays  because the .NET dictionary raises a fatal error.

A  not-array payload is working fine!!...but HubSpot send arrays.....

 

I replaced the ASMX with a Powershell script and now everything is working fine: just completing the test

 

Thank You

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
dennisedson
Solution
Community Manager

@GBulleri ,

I think the underscore is the issue.  You will also need to have SSL for that url.

You could do a quick test removing the underscore and see if  that is accepted. 

Ideally, you will be able to update that underscore to a dash for your app

Thanks,

Dennis




Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content

View solution in original post

GBulleri
Participant
Hi,
you are right: the underscore is the issue!!!

Thank You very much!

GBulleri
Participant

Hi,

thanks to you suggestion I was able to go ahead with the webhook development.

My webhook is now working but it is raising error 500;  If I run it by postman everything is fine (please look at the attached image)
GBulleri_0-1637917008475.png

 

 
Can you help me to understand why I see error 500?
 
Regards
 
0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Community Manager

@GBulleri 

Is this issue persisting?

Thanks,

Dennis




Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content
0 Upvotes
GBulleri
Solution
Participant

Hi,

thank you for you answer.

I just finished now and I explain to the community what happened:

 

The webhook listener was a webservice (ASMX): I realized that an ASMX webservice cannot accept

json arrays  because the .NET dictionary raises a fatal error.

A  not-array payload is working fine!!...but HubSpot send arrays.....

 

I replaced the ASMX with a Powershell script and now everything is working fine: just completing the test

 

Thank You

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

View solution in original post